The Weird Pendant

Kyo's pov~

The pendant smelled very weird, almost dangerous to me. I decided to look deeper into it once Tohru fell asleep. Yuki walked over to me, "You think it smells strange too right?"

"Yeah. Something is definitely not right here." I said to him.

"Its not safe for her to wear." Yuki said, "I should try it out. It might contain some sort of poison or maybe explosive thing like that."

"I don't think it's like that. Maybe it's just scented weird? It can't be explosive. Possibly a toxin of some kind."

We decided to go talk to Akito face to face. "So, mind telling me what this pendant is?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"Huh? I told you it's just a normal pendant." Akito looked confused.

"Not buying it. Why does it have such a weird smell?" I asked.

"Huh? I don't know." Akito said.

"So where did you get the pendant?" Yuki asked.

"I made it." Akito lowered his eyebrows, "Could you not be so suspicious of me? There is nothing wrong with it."

"Stop lying! What are you trying to do to Tohru?"

"I told you, I'm not trying to do anything to her." Akito said in a calm voice.

Hatori walked in at that moment, "Oh hey...should I come back?" He asked.

"N-No its fine. We were just leaving." I said.

"Are you questioning the pendant?" Hatori asked.

"Yeah..." Yuki said.

"I helped him make it, there is no need to feel like its dangerous." Hatori said.

"Huh? Then why does it have such a weird smell?" I asked.

Hatori shrugged, "I promise you it's not dangerous."

Yuki and I looked at each other, "We can trust him. He wouldn't lie."

"Besides...if you're both here...then who is watching over Tohru...?" Hatori asked.

Yuki and I looked at each other with a panicked look, "Dammit! I have to get back!"

Hatori and Akito watched as we raced off.

We were wrong about the pendant. It wasn't dangerous at all. After we got home, we were glad to see Tohru sleeping still. We studied the pendant more and more but still had nothing. Yup. Wasn't dangerous.

The next morning I woke up and the pendant was missing and so was Tohru. I got up and had a worried face but smelled something good. I went to the kitchen to find Torhu cooking. "Morning Kyo. Yuki went out already."

"Dammit Tohru, you're not supposed to be cooking without someone watching over you."

"I can look over myself." She said. "Where did you guys take my pendant last night?"

Oh no, she found out, "Huh? You must be dreaming because I never took your pendant."

She looked at me like I was stupid, "I know you went out last night."

"I was just checking in to see if the pendant was dangerous. Akito and Hatori both made it."

"They both made it? Wow!" Tohru smiled.

Breakfast was served a little bit after our conversation and the baby started kicking her.

So I was wrong to be cautious...

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!