Bonus Chapter - "Nana", Part II

"Nana", Part II

a Smoke of Sighs bonus chapter
by Ami

***

LAYLA

A couple hours after dinner, Kayden and I manage to excuse ourselves for an unchaperoned stroll out behind the cabin. We bundle up then crunch leisurely down the path, mitt-in-glove, under the pale silver shimmer of the moon.

"I didn't think I'd say this," I tease softly, "But I think Nana actually likes you."

He chuckles. "She reminds me a little of my mother, actually."

"I swear my dad's jealous. Apparently it took him forever to win her over." I giggle, swing from his grasp into a twirl. He draws me back in against him, my palms splayed across the top of his chest. "You made it look easy."

Our breaths hit the chilly air and fog up in the gaps between us. My hands climb up to grasp the lapels of his coat, and he tilts down. His lips are warm, and his tongue is wet, and his body is a solid hunk of muscle and heat and Kayden.

He groans into the kiss, leans his forehead onto mine. His eyes appear so black in the dark. He looks tired. I huddle closer to him and murmur, "You doing okay?"

The tips of our noses are cold as they nudge together. "I'll be honest. I've really been craving a drink tonight."

God, I bet. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I scrunch my nose affectionately at him, breathe against his lips, "I admire you so much, Kayden."

He dips down to capture my mouth again. A warm, restless tangle of desire flutters through my insides. Breathless and a little throaty, I bite my lip, whisper, "Do you think we could make it past them to your room?"

Tonight is full of surprises, because he actually hesitates. "I don't want your grandmother to castrate me..."

"Kayden Hall." My teeth nibble at his nose. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were suddenly going responsible on me..."

He laughs, raspy and rough. "Come on, Layla. I'm trying to make a good impression here."

Even though I am rendered gooey and beyond flattered, I try to sound as seductive as possible and coax, "Think about how hot it is, though. Sneaking into my room in the middle of the night, against the rules, just to have your way with me..."

Something like a growl rumbles from low in his chest. "You're a bad influence, Layla Mitchell."

I give him a light thud on the shoulder. "Fine." I pout my lips at him, but then he gathers me close and swirls us in circles and I burst into an uncontrollable peal of giggles.

When the ground stops spinning, we're kissing again. "And anyway," he smirks around my tongue. "On the drive over here, it was obvious that the idea of your parents knowing anything about your sex life just mortifies you."

Frick. Why do I always forget that he's so damn good at reading me? "Shut-up. Of course I don't want them knowing that I..." I trail off, blushing, but he fills in the blanks.

"Knowing that you..." His lips tickle my ear, his voice is thick, hoarse. A sudden ache floods the pit of my belly. "Are an insatiable little brat who likes being fucked like a whore?"