Chapter 45: Calm Before the Storm

I sipped on the juice box I had just made appear in my hand as I watched my Asgardian friends walk into the room.

They looked so drained.

I mean, they did just watch their planet get destroyed. I would be losing my shit of Earth got destroyed.

All those amazing things. McDonald's, Wendy's, Popeyes, Starbucks, juice boxes, Bucky's goats...

Those are the first things that came to mind. Fast food and goats. Priorities people, priorities!

"Princess Hope, are you alright?" Bella came up to me and scanned me for injuries, as well did the other two.

"I'm okay. And you guys don't have to call me Princess. I'm not really one anyway." I chuckled as I waved off the name.

"Wait, what?" Liam looked taken back by the news.

"Finally!" Tilia exhaled in relief. Bella smiled at Liam.

"She's not a real princess. It was fake." She told him.

"Come on. Take a seat. Sit, sit." I ushered them to the chairs in the room.

"What do you mean finally? Is this what you wouldn't tell me earlier?" Liam asked Tilia with confusion.

Tilia just smiled sheepishly. "She said not to tell anyone."

"I thought it was something worse." Liam laughed and pulled Tilia into a hug making me smile. "Sorry for pestering about it. With all that was happening, I couldn't imagine what you wouldn't tell me."

"It's fine, Liam!" Tilia smiled up at her boyfriend and kissed him.

Bella and I smirked at each other.

"Get it Tilia." I whispered to Bella while wiggling my eyebrows. Bella giggled softly.

"We can hear you." Tilia sent us an unimpressed look, not liking being interrupted.

"I know." I smirked as I leaned back into my chair, letting out a breath. "I'm sorry about Asgard. I can't imagine what you guys are going through."

"I'm gonna miss it." Tilia sighed in sadness. Liam held onto her hand as they took a seat on the couch.

Bella took the other chair beside me.

"I don't know. I heard Heimdall say something about Asgard is not a place, it's a people. And I agree with that." Bella smiled at Tilia who smile back. "I haven't had the best experience there anyway."

Tilia and I sent her a look of sympathy.

"And what about you?" Liam asked looked at me, making me raise an eyebrow questioningly. "With the fighting and magic."

"I already told you guys this." I groaned not wanting to explain how I was a 'warrior' on my world. I should really start using the word criminal again.

I also forgot that, that's what I am.

"So what you said about being a protector of Midgard is true? Not like you lying about being a princess?" Liam remarked making Tilia hit his arm.

"I'm one of Earth's mightiest heroes, but I am no Princess. I apologize for pretending to be something I'm not. On my planet, I'm not exactly in the good praises of my world's government." I chuckled sheepishly with a shrug.

Liam nodded and squinted at me interestedly. He has a lot of questions he wants to ask.

"What you did back on the bridge, was amazing!" Tilia exclaimed with a large grin as she sat up in her seat, wanting to change the subject. Bella nodded in agreement.