37

I've cried all the tears left in my body, to the point where now I'm just numb.

-

⚠️TW: DEPRESSION/STARVATION⚠️

-
-
-

His silver eyes frantically look down at my tear filled ones as those words leave his mouth.

"I'm really unhappy in this relationship, and I have been for awhile. I was planning on breaking up with her soon too. She just doesn't make me happy, and I've gotten quite bored of her to be honest with you," he blabbers on.

The way he speaks is as if he has no control over what he's saying, which is one of the unfortunate side effects of veritaserum.

I can feel everyone's eyes on me, and I hear people's voices from around the circle, but the only thing I'm able to make out is the sound of my own heartbeat.

I stand up from my laying position and briefly make eye contact with his pleading ones, before exiting the common room without a word.

I can feel the sobs escaping my lips, and the tears streaming down my face, as I frantically make my way towards my common room.

I hear voices calling after me from a ways behind, but I continue towards the dungeons, ignoring whoever's calling after me.

"Pureblood," I whisper, rushing in the room, and up the stairs towards my dorm.

I swing open my door, and thankfully the room is empty, so I flop down on my bed, letting all the sobs and cries I've been trying to suppress escape.

-

Cedric's POV

"Okay then. Are you truly happy with your relationship?" The girl Bella called Pissy asks in a nasally, high pitched voice.

What kind of question is that? Of course I'm happy with our relationship.

I roll my eyes as I put the drop of veritaserum to my tongue.

I look up to Pissy, ready to say the obvious answer which is yes, but what escapes my mouth is the complete opposite.

Her eyes go wide, and gasps escape from around the circle when I say the complete opposite of what I was thinking.

I look down frantically to the girl I lov- like laying across my lap, and the heartbreak in her eyes is enough to shatter mine into a million pieces.

No, I swear I am happy. In fact, I've never been happier since when we started dating. This past month has honestly been the best of my life! I try to say, but instead, what escapes my mouth are words that I would never say to anyone in a million years.

"I'm really unhappy in this relationship, and I have been for awhile. I was planning on breaking up with her soon too. She just doesn't make me happy, and I've gotten quite bored of her to be honest with you,"

Those words sound foreign as they escape my mouth, like it's not even me who's saying them.

I want so badly to be able to say what I'm truly thinking, but what I'm only saying are things I've never even thought in a million years!

I mean, is this how I was feeling deep down and I didn't even realize? Veritaserum reveals only the truth, so what I'm saying must be how I've been truly feeling, though that doesn't make any sense.

I try to remember any time that I felt less than satisfied with our relationship, but I can't even think of one situation! Every time we aren't together, all I'm doing is looking forward to when I'll get to see her again, and every time we are together, my smile can't seem to leave my face.