Chapter 34 : Demanding

To say that his mind was a mess would be an understatement.

The first thing Taehyung did was take Jeongguk to a hospital—and that was the first rule he officially broke. Yoongi were taking so damn long to come, and the younger was losing blood constantly. Moreover he wasn't really sure if Jin hyung would be able to cure that.

Giving a fake name, a fake identity, all fake details, Jeongguk was in the ICU—going into instant operation, which panicked Taehyung even more. 

All he could do was sit in the waiting area, and stare into nothing, anticipating on what would be the result. There was a small part in him that worried about what he'd answer to Yoongi—but there was no time for this.

Jeongguk's life was more important.

After all, Yoongi would've already known that Taehyung took his brother to a hospital, as he switched on the GPS on his phone, asking the mafia leader to track it. 

He took a deep breath, not wanting to cry in front of everybody and create a scene, he let his fingers pass through his blue hair in frustration and helplessness. Closing his eyes shut, a weird feeling formed in his chest, at the thought of Jeongguk struggling for his life, and losing blood—and that feeling wasn't a very pleasant one.

He didn't know why, that frustrated him even more—they were in a mafia gang. Bloodplay and getting injured were normal for them, and there wasn't one time where he felt this much for Jeongguk getting hurt.

Taehyung felt like his throat was stuck in nothing, when he saw Jeongguk laying there unconscious, in the middle of the road, his eyes half open, with blood oozing out from the back of his head continuously.

That sight lingered in his mind, and as far as he knew—it wasn't going to disappear anytime soon.

With all this, he got even more angered at the fact that Namjoon and Jin hyung went out for a secret date, Yoongi and Jimin went somewhere which Yoongi refused to tell him, Hoseok hyung laying there with an injured head and numb mind—lastly, Jeongguk.

Why now? Why... ever? 

Why Jeongguk?

"Taehyung."

He heard a stern voice from his left, as he looked up at the familiar voice.

There stood Yoongi with a stoic expression on his face, as he looked down at the younger. Taehyung didn't say anything, as he looked away, before standing up, looking at the other straight.

"Look, Yoongi. I don't care about what you say now," he said, his deep voice slightly failing to hide the frustration within him, "You can do anything to me later, but now—Jeongguk is more important."

"I'm not saying I'll do anything to you," the other refused, "Report."

Taehyung mentally prayed for that, before starting to talk.

"I found him lying on the highway with blood leaving him," he stated.

"Who did it?" He asked calmly—dangerously calm.

"Nobody," the younger answered, "It was an accident, a road accident."

Yoongi looked at the younger for a few seconds, before looking away, shoving his hands in his pockets, his mind already contemplating on what to do with the driver—let him go or teach him a lesson?

"I see," he said.

"He's in ICU. Under operation."

"Good," the elder said, "Because as you said, Jeongguk is more important."