꧁22꧂

Leta Lestrange stood in the ballroom of Grimmauld Place in a dark green dress which dragged on the floor behind her. Minette stood beside her, bowing slightly when Orion and Walburga Black greeted them in.

"Leta!" Regulus shouted, hurrying to the girl from another girl who scowled at Leta. "Thank Merlin your here. It's so boring." He complained, walking with the two girls.

"And it will stay that way. Don't even think of "livening" it up." Minette added, looking at her sister with raised eyebrows. Leta nodded, watching as her sister smiled and walked off.

Leta then began walking to the drink table where Regulus saw Leta's crossed fingers behind her back which made him chuckle.

Leta stood beside Regulus, a glass of wine in her wand as they swayed to the music which others were ballroom dancing to. "It's deader then my uncle Cygnus funeral in here." Regulus muttered before taking another sip of wine.

Suddenly a rather tall boy with blonde hair and green eyes took her hand, lifting it up to kiss it. "Pierre Rosier." He introduced himself to the young girl with a face of lust which both Regulus and Leta noticed.

Corvus Lestrange rushed over to his daughter's side who was being persuaded by the young man. "Mr Lestrange." Pierre said with a smile. During this time, Leta and Regulus shared a look and he tried to pull her away but the blonde boy looked back at her.

"Mr Rosier, are you interested in my daughter?" He asked the boy, Leta's mother noticing this and excusing herself to go to her husband's side. Pierre nodded which made Leta almost throw up in her mouth which Regulus noticed and tried to hold back his laugh.

"You would not want to marry this unruly girl, my oldest daughter will be very successful in life." He said, glancing at his youngest daughter then placing his hand on the boy's shoulder and spinning him around to look at Minette who was gracefully dancing around the ballroom.

Leta took this opportunity to leave with Regulus, grabbing his arm and leading him to the other side of the ballroom.

Amata saw this and made her way to her youngest and less behaved daughter. She placed a hand on her arm and walked her away from Regulus. "You know your father did something good for you." She said in a attempt to comfort the girl who scowled.

"He is not a good suitor for you, he is a couple years older then your sister." She continued, both watching as Minette danced around with the blonde man.

"It's the fact he doesn't see me as good as Minette." Leta snapped, unable to keep her thoughts to herself. "It's like I'm nothing to him."

Amata let out a sigh as she rubbed the side of her arm. She nodded at Leta whose scowl softened. "Now go and get your violin."

Leta stood proudly on the small stage were the band played with a maple wood violin in her hands which she carefully played.

All of a sudden, the parchments with the notes on them fell off the stand and all over the floor with no wind or force. Suddenly a glass of wine began to float behind the crowd which Leta noticed as Regulus scrambled to pick up the sheets of music but Leta didn't need it. Instead she continued the song from memory.

She finished the song, cutting out most of the end so she could finish quicker. She bowed as they all clapped at her. She then handed her violin to her mother who put it into her case as she stepped of the stage and in the direction of the floating cup.

She then reached up to grabbed the cup where she was met with resistance as she tried to pick up the cup. She succeed and put on the table beside her, at the same time quickly kicking behind, smiling to herself as she heard, "She kicked me."

Leta then leaned against the back wall were the floating cup once was and began whispering, "Why are you here?" She looked around with room with her arms crossed, looking out in case anyone walked over.

"Sirius wanted to fuck up the party." The voice replied which ended with the sound of a elbow in the stomach guessing from the pleads of help.

"That was embarrassing." Her father hissed at her daughter. "Can you do one thing right?"

Leta did not reply to her father but instead walked away, knowing it was the right thing to do. She opened the doors from the ballroom to outside and she sat on the steps there, her head in her hands.

                                          ༒
She sat their for a while taking deep inhales. She saw ,from the corner of her eye, a figure sitting down beside her with messy hair. He cleared his throat to get her attention as he pushed up his glasses.

"James?"

She wrapped her arms around him as he chuckled, trying to stop them from falling off the steps. He placed a kiss on her cheek as his arms wrapped around her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him, releasing herself from the hug. Leta quickly realised the danger of the situation so she grabbed the arm of his shirt and pulled him away behind bushes and trees.

"Where is Sirius?" She asked again, looking to check if it was clear before looking back at the boy who ran his hand through his hair. "With the cloak making a mess of the place."

As soon as he finished his sentence there was a loud shriek coming from inside and the door opened with no one pushing on it. "We need to go now!" Sirius shouted, looking around for his friend.

James looked down at Leta, both hands on her arms. He leant down to place a quick kiss on her lips but missed and ended up kissing the corner of her lips making her chuckle.

"Sorry," He apologised, holding her hand until it slip out of his as he walked away to Sirius, flicking the cloak over them and running.

Leta stayed in the corner, smiling to herself as she pressed her fingers against the area James kissed her. She then shook her head, hitting her arm down as she realised what she was doing.