[ 1 ] a body of water

A BODY OF WATER

                                           THE feeling that Aspen Carter got when she arrived home to find her two best friends sitting on her porch waiting for her is probably one of the best she's ever had

                         THE feeling that Aspen Carter got when she arrived home to find her two best friends sitting on her porch waiting for her is probably one of the best she's ever had. When her eyes connected with the familiar hazel ones that she loved so much, the fluttery feeling in stomach returned. When the two boys heard the sound of her car pulling up in the drive-way, they wasted no time in rushing over to greet the third member of their trio.

"Aspen!" yelled the hazel-eyed boy, making the brunettes cheeks fluster bright red. "We missed you! You are not allowed to disappear for two months without us ever again, you hear me?!"

"I missed you guys too." the brunette replied, ignoring Stiles' attempt to threaten her. She wasted no time in dropping her bags and wrapping the two in a group hug. The trio were back together. Scott, Stiles, and Aspen.

"Be grateful I'm out here in the cold this late waiting for you." the McCall boy taunted, making Aspen's brows furrow.

"Yeah get a load of this guy, he wants a 'good night sleep' before practice tomorrow." Stiles teased, making a gaggle of laughter rise between him and the brunette.

"Sitting on the bench is such a gruelling effort, huh Scott?" Aspen teased, playfully scrumming up his brown mop of hair.

"Are you two done? I'm playing this year, okay?" said Scott.

"Yeah we're done." said the buzzcut boy.

"Way to go, Scott. I'm proud of you for having dreams... even if it is super obscure and unrealistic." said the brunette, earning an eye roll.

"Okay you guys, get this, I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago, dispatch called."

"Aspen, honey, I know you're excited to see your friends but can you bring in your bags before you do anything else?" said the voice of Aspen's mother, interrupting the three's conversation.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second, mom!" the brunette replied. "You were saying? About dispatch?" she turned back to the Stilinski boy.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles revealed, giggling through his sentence, clearly very excited about a dead body.

"A dead body?" said Scott, making Aspen roll her eyes.

"No, Scott. A body of water." said Aspen, with Stiles-like sarcasm. "Of course it's a dead body, dumbass." she added.

"You mean like, murdered?" the McCall boy asked, and Aspen found herself wishing she had just stayed in England.

"They don't know yet, just that it was a girl, who was probably in her twenties." Stiles continued.

"Stiles, if they already found the body then what are we looking for, exactly?" Aspen was hesitant to ask.

"That's the best part. They only found half." Stiles replied. Aspen and Scott turned to one another, neither one of them exactly up to going on a hunt for half a dead body.