Arc 4: Chapter 71

Elenor frowned. What could she possibly want Alec for?

"If I may question why, your highness?" she asked calmly.

Elenor knew if she disobeyed, her head would be cut off without hesitation. The thought of her head rolling to the floor caused her to internally shudder. Hera looked at her before answering,

"Your butler is quite a beauty. I wish to have him by my side." she responded, her gaze falling on to him.

A smile fell on her rosy lips, "Perhaps Lady Elenor who has come from Elaelind doesn't know that I love collecting pretty things."

'I wish I didn't.'

"Please forgive me your highness, for not being able to know the hobbies her highness adores." Elenor bowed as she spoke with mannerism although the hint of sarcasm was there.

Hera didn't seem to notice it as she hummed and nodded. She walked towards them before stopping right in front of Alec who did not bat an eyelid at her.

Seeing this made her smile slightly sour.

"I've always wanted a doll with black hair and eyes." she muttered, carefully taking a close look on him.

"Give him to me." Hera demanded, her cold eyes swept towards Elenor who had no expression on her face.

She could hear whispers around them as the people in the garden looked over at them. Her fists that were at the side, clenched tightly before releasing them. Hera was supposed to go for Lloyd not Alec.

She remembered she wrote that Alec did follow Rosina and Hera did notice him but didn't bat one eye at him, only wanting Lloyd. She internally sighed to herself, how was she going to get her and Alec out of this situation now?

"Your highness, please forgive me for barging in." Richard suddenly spoke, standing in front of Elenor now.

"What is it?"

"Unfortunately, her butler has been with her for a very long time and has made a promise to never leave my sister's side. It has also been written in a contract and a blood oath." he explained.

Blood oath? Contract? Elenor never recalled having those done before. She couldn't voice her opinion out as if she did, she would most probably destroy Richard's plan of getting them out of this situation.

"Ah I see. So her butler has already done a contract and a blood oath to your family and Lady Elenor here?" Hera questioned.

"That is correct your highness."

"Hmm is that so?"

Hera snapped her fingers and two guards grabbed Richard from the back, pulling him away to the side.

"I don't care about such things. I can easily erase those with a snap." she chuckled.

He glared and struggled to get out of their hold but was not successful.

She then stood in front of Elenor in an imposing manner.

"I'll pay for him. How much do you want? 1000 gold coins? 1 million? Say your price and I'll pay."

Elenor frowned at the suggestion. "My deepest apologies, your highness but Alec is not for sale and will never be."

Hera smirked and shook her head, "I never said I cared about your opinion did I? Now, stop being so stubborn and understand your position. You are a mere marquess daughter. Who are you to defy the princess of Vaidia?"

Elenor gritted her teeth. Oh how she wanted to give a good beating to this girl right at this moment.

Before she could speak back to Hera, Alec pulled her behind him.