Intertwined

Once Lily had exited the door of Hagrid's hut, she stalked over to the Marauders. James was the first to notice her, and he immediately raised his hand to smoothen his hair.

"Blonde or black it doesn't matter," Lily said when she got close. "I still don't find that attractive."

"Ahh but you can't hesitate but look whenever I do," James smirked. "Don't think I haven't noticed."

"I was only looking at how that hair has failed to cover the stupidity that emits from that massive head," she said darkly. "What are you guys doing out here so early anyway?"

"Thinking of a way to prank Malfoy," James replied nonchalantly.

Lily glared at him, "First Severus, now Malfoy? Why do you always have an agenda against them?"

"Why do they have an agenda against us? And what has Snivellus got to do with this? We are talking about Malfoy. We are saving Snivellus for another day."

Lily continued to glare at him furiously, "He is your teacher!"

"Only for a few more months," James said coolly. "And I don't consider it so."

Lily rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I need to talk to you anyway."

"You are talking to me."

"I am serious."

"No I am Sirius," Sirius exclaimed, overhearing the conversation. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Nice one Padfoot," James grinned at him.

"Will you just come over here!?" Lily motioned for him to follow her.

James held his hands up in defence, "If you insist."

He walked away from his friends to join Lily just in front of a massive tree. Lily gave Hagrid's hut a quick glance and then one at James's friends.

"What's up?" James asked. "You look scared."

"I am scared!"

James crossed his arms, "Why? What happened? Where did you come from? Was that Hagrid's hut? What did he say?"

"Will you stop asking so many questions!? I haven't told you anything yet!"

"So you found out something?" James nodded. "What is it?"

"I..." Lily contemplated whether she should tell him. He deserved to know, or did he? It was his son that she was thinking of. And she wanted him to know. But she knew if she told him about his son, he would question about himself, and then where he got the information from. And if he tried to get more information from the same people, they would ask questions in return. And there was no way James would stick to the same story as what she came up with to Hermione.

"Yes?" James persisted.

"I...I can't tell you," Lily finally admitted, looking at the ground in shame.

"What? So you dragged me all this way just to tell me you know something and can't tell me what it is?"

Lily hesitated before nodding. James was outraged, "This is not a game, Evans! You can't play with me! What is it you know? Has it got something to do with Harry?"

At Lily's hesitant response, James realized it was, which meant it had something, directly or indirectly, to do with him. James continued to persist for information.

"Alright!" Lily cracked. "But you have to promise you won't tell anyone."

"Who else is there to tell?"

Lily gave Sirius a questioning look, who was dangling Peter in the air the same way he did to Zacharias. Remus was watching them from afar, narrowing his eyes on Lily when they made eye contact.