#OnlyCraven (9)

I just now realize that Rae had fallen asleep. What will I do? I need to get the rumors cleared up, but I can't do it alone. I take a deep breath. I know what has to be done. I quietly step out of the bedroom and also slip out of the front door, locking it. I double check to make sure that my keys are in my pocket and start down the concrete stairs. I didn't want to talk to Corpse right now. Not after what happened before he left. I was embarrassed. I know I did something wrong and he must have noticed how stiff and awkward I was. But, as much as I want to run away, I'm an adult and I need to handle my problems. If I don't face them, I'll be seen as weak. And all I worry aout is how I look to the people I look up to.

After standing in front of my neighbor's door for what feels like a long time, I finally knock. I wait patiently, beginning to think about leaving, when the door opens, revealing The man she had been looking for. 

Corpse chuckles softly. "Back for more?" I slap his arm, though a smile remains on my face. 

"We need to talk." I breathe out. His face turns confused, so I continue. "About that dare..."

He invites me inside, and now we're sitting on the same couch that I sat on the last time I was over. I open twitter and search the trending hashtag, showing corpse some of the many tweets about us.

 I open twitter and search the trending hashtag, showing corpse some of the many tweets about us

Seeing these for the first time, tears stream down my face

Seeing these for the first time, tears stream down my face. Ignoring it, I speak. "The ring my grandmother gave me was her engagement ring from my grandfather. I understand why people would think we're engaged.."

Corpse looks over at me and realizes that I'm crying now. He pulls me into a hug and I snuggle into his chest, tears still running. We sit in silence for a few minutes, but It feels like forever. "Hey.." he says to grab my attention. I look up at the man holding me. "I'm gonna go live right now. I'll clear everything up. You should go back to your place. Rae is still there, and you need some sleep."

He cups my cheek, using his thumb to wipe away a tear. I silently nod and weakly smile up at him as he kisses my forehead softly.

CORPSE'S POV

After she left my apartment, I walked straight to my gaming room and turned on everything needed. It pained me to see her cry. I could tell how broken she was by the comments on twitter. I care for her. I really do. And I'm not going to let some lifeless fuckers upset her in any way.

I finally get the live set up and wait a couple minutes as people join in. By then, I was ready to start. "Let me set this straight. That ring was given to Raven by her grandmother. I did not give her any ring, there is NO engagement." I start, "And for you bitches on twitter, you need to shut the fuck up. This woman has been through some shitty times in her life, and she doesn't need people telling her that she isn't good enough. Because I know damn well that she is. None of you know her. Nobody here really knows her like I do. You don't know her name, what she looks like, her favorite food, her fucking apartment. I know all of that, and so does Rae. But you have no right to say a fucking thing about her if you have no clue what she goes through. Trust me, I know everything about keeping my identity a secret. I know how hard it is when everyone asks for a face reveal, or name reveal, or any of that shit. But what you may not know, is that she breaks so much easier. Watching her cry as she read those goddamn tweets fucking hurt me. I-" That's when my voice cut out. It was raspy beforehand, but now it was gone completely.

Wanting my viewers to understand, I show my screen on the live and type into a document. I lost my voice. I'm sorry if you didn't do anything, but this was aimed at who did. Think about your actions before saying shit on twitter. after a few minutes, I close the live. With a sigh, I look at the time on my monitor. 2:53 a.m. After a day like this, I should try to get some sleep.

LIVI'S POV

I wake up to my best friend standing over me. "Rae?" I say softly as I sit up on my bed.

Immediately, she's in a rage. "Why the fuck didn't you wake me up?! If I had any idea what people were saying about you.." She starts to explain.

"Rae." I cut her off mid sentence. "You know how much I hate waking people up. And it.. it was dealt with... right?"

She sighs. " Yes, but that's not the point-"

I interrupt her once more, "So.. Corpse actually said something?" I ask, grabbing my phone off of my night stand.

Rae chuckles slightly, "Yeah, Corpse said more than something. Listen." she sits next to me as she plays the clip. My jaw drops as I listen to every word that Corpse says. From my grandma's ring to my shitty childhood, how he thinks i'm good enough, and how he knows so much more than people on twitter think they do.

"Oh my god.." I say as I feel the tears gathering in my eyes.  manage to hold them back as Rae sets down her phone and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Don't ever worry, Livi." She tells me calmly, "I'll always be here for you, and I'm sure Corpse isn't going anywhere.

As we pull away, I check the time on my phone. almost noon. "I think..." I stutter. "I need to thank Corpse.. big time."

Her eyes widen. "You'd better use protection-"

"No no no." I stop her from continuing, "I want to buy him something."

Rae giggles once more. "True, you could always BUY protect-"

I slap her arm so she stops rambling about sex. "How about I get him a chain necklace? He wears one every time I see him.." I think aloud.

"Alrighty. Get ready to go." She gets up and collects her items to leave for the store.