❂ 009. the mission

•°. *࿐FORCE BOUND.

ix.    THE MISSION

❛                                                 you feel the weight of the world / coming down on your head

❛                                you feel the weight
of the world / coming down on your head.            ❜

TAKE THIS LONELY HEART // NBT

TAKE THIS LONELY HEART          //         NBT

"SO, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME NOW?"

Face lightening at his Padawan's eagerness, Plo lightly teased, "You know, I think you're going to bring me a lot of joy in this war, Little One."

Although her previous question wasn't answered, she beamed at her Master all the same; knowing she'd find a home in Plo Koon.

A new home; to replace the one she lost.

Brushing away that thought, she smiled; there was no need to dwell on the past now — not when she had a hopeful future ahead of her. Glancing down at the crystal hidden in her robes, her smile widened.

A lot of hope.

"You will be briefed on the mission soon enough, my Young Padawan. But for now, you will meet your fellow soldiers, and most importantly your clone Commander."

Turning her head to Master Plo, she raised a brow, "And, who would that be Master—?"

"Oof!"

In her quest of walking, Eisha slammed her head straight into a talking wall. Except, unfortunately for her, walls don't talk and she walked straight into her clone Commander.

Who she had once called a boneless abomination.

'Oops.' Wincing, both as she recalled the embarrassing memory and the dull ache in her head. She rubbed the forming bruise tenderly.

Plo smiled at her, "Padawan, this is Commander Wo—"

"Yes, General. I think we've met before," Tone sharp, he spat his words as he glared down at the Padawan learner who had beaten him.

Twice.

Brows furrowed at his aggressive tone, her nose scrunched.

'Is he really that pissed?'

She stared as he continued his glare — surely hoping to burn a hole or two into her head. Clearly, she had knocked him off a few pedestals, and injured his ego.

Evidently, a lot.

Composing himself, Plo instead uttered, "Well, Commander. This is my new Padawan learner, and your new co-Commander, Ei—"

"Yes, we've met before," Conceding, she too snapped, matching the heated glare of the petty Commander; fists balling at her sides as she flashed him a tight-lipped, sarcastic smile.

The General glanced between his Padawan and Commander as they remained in their apparent face-off with each other; mirrored by their matching defensively crossed arms.

Peering at the two he hastily walked away, "I'll leave you two to become acquainted."

Grinding her teeth, Eisha recollected her thoughts.

'Fighting's pointless, Eish. Come on.'

Rubbing her nose anxiously, she turned to the Commander, "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot and all so, let me start this again." She smiled softly, "Hi, I'm Master Plo's Padawan. My name's—"

"Save it for someone who cares. Now, stay out of my way," Shoving past her, his hands balled into fists as he knocked her back.

Maybe, he didn't mean to be that rude, but the Padawan infuriated him in a way he just couldn't describe, 'We'd be better working apart.'

Briskly walking away, he was well aware of the insulted violet gaze that burned into his back; saluting the General as the Jedi Master made his way towards his Padawan.

Approaching his Padawan with a concealed curious glance, he brandished a black hilted cylinder to her, "Your new lightsaber, Little One."

Smile reappearing, Plo released a relieved breath as she tenderly held the lightsaber, "For me?"

"Of course, Little One."

Elated, she studied the hilt in her hands; thumb running over the igniter as she did. With a gentle press, it sparked. Roaring violet flame emerging from the lightsaber, the wielder grinned as she observed it, "Thank you, Master Plo. It's perfect."

"Of course, Little One. Now come along, we have a mission to attend."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"SIR. WE'RE READY FOR THE JUMP TO HYPERSPACE."

"Very good. Proceed to hyperspace," Ordering the soldier, her Master steadied himself as the ship sprang forward; quickly entering hyperspace. Effectively knocking down the clumsy Padawan to the floor as it did, a few clones snickered at her.

Quickly springing back up, however, she smiled at the clones who had clearly found amusement in her fall; leading her to happily introduce herself to the men — all instantly taking to the little Padawan.

Bringing her back to the mission, Plo gathered them around, "Our task is simple. We will track down General Grievous's Separatist command ship: the Malevolence. Reports inform us that his ship holds a new weapon, one that has left no Republic survivors and no real evidence, as of yet."

"Those aren't great odds," Eisha scoffed.

"Indeed not, my Padawan. We have so far tracked the ship to the Abregado System; where we are currently en route to, now. Our mission is simply to track down and report our findings. We will not engage or pursue our enemy this time. "

That lifted a slight weight from Eisha's chest, staring intently at the holo-map. This was to be a simple mission, nothing more.

So she thought.

For, of course, nothing went as planned with Eisha Ree around.

FIRST PUBLISHED: 13/01/2021
LAST EDITED: 05/02/2023