Chapter four: Love is in the air

Rewritten | Five

"How about . . ." Miles stretched the word out as he picked up a small shirt, holding it up to Maisy so she could judge it. "This shirt?"

Today's adventure was a little trip to get Maisy some more clothes with Miles and Amber, seeing as the other siblings were either busy with work or 'doesn't care for shopping.' Ahem, Eric.

That left Miles and Amber, probably the best shoppers anyway.

Maisy narrowed her eyes and pressed her finger to her chin, judging the pale long-sleeved shirt with great precision. "Hmm."

"Yeah! I love it," She cheered, as if she didn't do that to the last few outfits they let her judge.

In the past couple weeks since the starry light, as Maisy calls it, came to be–No more bad dreams have appeared.

But, they also came to realize Maisy needed some new things. Wardrobe was a bigger necessity.

"Alright. Throw it in the cart for me, Mais."

Maisy cheerfully took the shirt from her brother and gently dropped it into the cart with some of her other stylish choices.

Sure, Miles could've easily dropped it in himself–But the little miss loves to be helpful.

"You know what?" Miles glanced in the cart, going over the mental checklist of items they needed. "I think we've got everything. You ready to go?"

Maisy nodded, skipping along between Miles and Amber with Teddy securely locked in her arms. She insisted he wanted to come clothes shopping, as well.

•. •. •.

Maisy passed out seemingly the second they got into the cab. Of course, right on Amber's lap. But it didn't matter to either of them. What an exciting day, they had.

"Gosh, she's beautiful." Amber softly cooed down at the sleeping beauty, unbeknownst to her boyfriend staring at her with just as much admiration.

To Miles, she was the most heart-stopping kind of beauty he had ever laid eyes on. With her gorgeous locks of ginger hair, kind eyes, and how sweet she was with his sister–It was a truly breathtaking sight.

"Yeah. Both of you are."

A smile grew on Amber's face, the loving look from Miles almost making her shy. But in a mere moment, her attention was captured by Maisy again.

"Maybe someday we'll be lucky enough to get a kid as great as her."

Miles' words were a bit sudden, as they'd only been together for six short months. But both of their smiles grew.

"Maybe, someday."

•. •. •.

Once they got back to the apartment, Maisy sprung right back up and they all began to play.

Although she had become very comfortable with them, she was still protective of Teddy. So far, only Beau and Cassidy had been the lucky two to hold the bear.