VIII

"Stop it

"Stop it." I whined when I felt a hand shaking me awake. I could tell my curtains were open, and it was morning but whoever was shaking me had another thing coming if they thought I was going to get out of bed before my biological clock made me.

"Sorry Felicity, but you need to get up."

In my sleepy state I registered that it was Emil talking to me. I had gone to bed before he and Cameron got back last night, after a surprisingly nice night with Wren. We watched the movie, made popcorn, and kept the conversation at a minimum. It was good. And familiar. Perhaps too much so of both. After the movie was done, I had left without much more conversation. Wren didn't seem to mind. He was practically giddy that I had even spent that much time with him.

"No I don't." My voice was muffled by the pillow I had proceeded to bury my head into. It was Sunday. I didn't even have to pretend to go to school today. Jackson would still be at his aunts till tomorrow, and I had no plans of doing anything other than hiding in my room and possibly convincing Amber to go get food with me. I heard him laugh above me.

"Yes you do, c'mon, me and you are going to the market."

I flipped around and looked at him with puffy, sleep deprived eyes. I had actually gotten to sleep until half past 5 AM and after a few days with 2 hours of sleep at most, I was beyond grateful for the rest until it was interrupted by the asshole currently smirking at me.

"I'm not going to the market with you." I mumbled with a scratchy morning voice. He sighed, and shook my shoulder again.

"Sorry kid, but yes you are."

I groaned and rolled away from him, pressing my forehead against the wall. The blanket was pulled off me, making me groan louder, reaching around blindly for my stolen warmth. I felt a hand wrap around my bicep and suddenly my body was pulled into the air and set on the floor.

"What the fuck!" I screech, grabbing into his shirt subconsciously while I reword to catch my balance. He made sure I was steady before letting go of me, at which point I landed a hard punch in his side.

He yelped and glared at me. "We need to reteach you some manners." He muted red under his breath. "We're leaving in 10 minutes. Meet me in the kitchen."

"Get out." I rolled my eyes and walked to my door, slamming it the second he was gone.

"Brat." I heard him say from the other side of the door.

"Asshole." I shot back

I chose a sweatshirt and some jeans for my outfit. If I was going, I was going to make my unhappiness about it known. I wasn't sure why I was going. I wasn't blind to the fact that I could just walk out the front door and ignore his demand that I come with him. And I had a mind to do so, but there was something in me that made me want to go. Maybe it was my naive need to hear him out. Maybe it was a desire to see who he had become.