am I unlovable? (pt 2)

Warning: language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it happened, all you’ve been able to do is picture the sad look he wore that day. You remembered the way his face went from happiness to disaster as he heard your hurtful words, tears escaping his eyes. It just broke you more. Remembering the way you hurt him, shattered what was left of your heart. 

Chris spent the past three days at his mom’s place. Telling her how it all happened and how he felt. His siblings were there for him too, supporting him when he needed it the most.

“I really thought she was the one, Ma. I wanted her to be my wife, my one and only.”

“Chris, all things happen for a reason. I know this hurts but maybe it’s for the best.” His mother, Lisa, tried to comfort him.

“How can being without her be for the best? How is losing Y/n going to work out for the best? It won’t. She is- or was the reason why I wanted to live. I just don’t know what I did wrong for her to stop loving me-”

“Sweetheart, stop blaming yourself! It’s not your fault tha-”

“No, Ma. There’s something I must’ve done but I don’t know what. I don’t even know what to do with the ring now.”

Lisa looked at him with sadness. She hated seeing him like this but there was nothing she could do except try to cheer him up. 

“Keep it. The time will come and a lucky lady will wear it. One that truly loves you.”

Chris’s phone rang and he stood up, leaving the ring on the kitchen counter.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Chris! I have exciting news!” It was Dorothy, his manager.

“Oh, ok. What’s going on?”

“You are officially the lead for Little Shop of Horrors!”

Chris frowned, “W-what?”

“I contacted the directors and sent them the tape of your most recent audition. They loved it! You got the role!”

He shook his head and let out a sigh, “I thought I told you I didn’t want to audition for the play.”

“Wha-”

“As much as I used to love that musical, I don’t want to be a part of it. Not anymore.”

“Why not?!”

“Remember you had sent me the script some time ago when I wanted to audition? Well, I read it. They altered it way too much! It’s nothing like the original one! And I told you I was not interested at all-”

“Chris!” Scott came running in the room, screaming at the top of his lungs.

“You need to call, Y/n. NOW!”

“Dorothy, I’ll call you back.” He hung up and turned to Scott.

“Scott, what the hell is going on?”

“Just go! Talk with Y/n! It’s very important.”

“I can’t talk with her, she-”

“Christopher, just trust me ok?! Jeez, she didn’t break up with you because she stopped loving you, dumbass!”

“But-”

“Shh, lemme finish. Your manager told her that if she didn’t break up with you, you wouldn’t get the role in Little Shop of Horrors!”

“But I don’t want the role! And how do you know all this?”

“Y/n told her cousin and her cousin being my best friend, told me so I could tell you! Go tell her you don't want the role! She’ll explain the rest but go! Take the ring, tell her you declined the role and that you love her! Fuck.”

Chris nodded quickly trying to comprehend everything, and grabbed the ring, “I’ll be back soon.”

He grabbed the car keys and rushed out the door.

“He doesn't let people talk, jeez.” Scott sighed.

All the way to your apartment, Chris smiled widely. If everything Scott said was true, then you did love him! Being with you again and to be able to tell you how much he loves you, would make him the happiest man ever. Hopefully, you’d take him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You guys wanted a part 2 and here it is! Also, I'll be posting part 3 pretty soon ;) Love you!