Chapter 25

"You really need to get your ac fixed?" Abi groans, fanning herself with her hand.

I look up from my phone. "Tell me about it. I mean I called the heating guy this morning, but he's all booked up until Monday."

"Monday?! You're crazy."

"You're telling me."

I glance back at my phone. I've just snapped a photo to send to Simon, purposely making sure you can see my lack of attire, while captioning it 'It's not getting any colder in here, what's next?'

 I've just snapped a photo to send to Simon, purposely making sure you can see my lack of attire, while captioning it 'It's not getting any colder in here, what's next?'

My raunchy snap and caption doesn't go undeserved since Simon has spent the past few days trying to rile me up.

"Trying to get even with Simon?" Abi grins. I'm not surprised with her amusement, mainly because I've been venting in the group chat about it all week.

"You bet."

Simons response comes back a few seconds later. It's a selfie of his own, telling me that I'm purposely torturing him.

"So how's everything with you two?" She asks, when I finally put my phone down.

"It's been good. I mean since telling everyone, it feels like a weight off our shoulders, we just seem less.... intense."

We told everyone about Sophie last week, a few days after Theo and Olivias reveal party. It was tough for both of us, but once we had told everyone, we agreed that it felt more like we were celebrating her life, rather than it being a sad thing.

"So instead you guys have been sexually frustrating each other?"

"You're one to talk. Since you officially became Hayden's girlfriend, you're always too busy to answer my texts." I smirk. "I'm actually surprised you could keep your hands off of him long enough for our spa day."

Abi shrugs, a grin on her face. "I needed my nails painted."

"Keep enjoying your days off, my boring nails are jealous."

Abi laughs.

An hour, filled with music and more self care activities, later I hear the front door open. I tell Abi that I'll be back in a minute. By the time I get downstairs, Simons in the kitchen.

"You're back early."  I cross my arms, leaning against the door frame.

Simon takes a sip of water, his eyes focusing on my lacy bra for a few seconds longer than every when else. "And you're still torturing me."

I laugh, walking further into the room. "Where's Hayden?"

"Waiting for Abi, he hasn't shut up about her all day."

"Well at least Abi isn't the only one."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Abi's amused voice sounds from behind me. She's slipping her jacket on when I turn around to face her.

"That you and Hayden are so annoyingly in lust? You already know that."

"Oh whatever, you guys are just jealous that I'm getting some."

"Damn straight."

I turn to glare at Simon, while Abi laughs. "See you guys soon."

Simon and I done our own thing for the next hour. I spent my time outside, because even under the scorching sun it was still cooler than inside the house.

"Not to be a buzzkill." Simon came into the garden, pulling a t-shirt over his head, which to my disappointment covered his very impressive physique. "But you gotta put some clothes on. Moms calling."

I immediately sit up from my lying position. "That's today?! You could've warned me."

"I did. Last night. You clearly were too tired to remember."

"Probably because you walked into my room at 1am, to let me know."

Simon shrugs, with a small smirk. "I was watching an interesting documentary. It's not my fault I forgot to tell you."

I roll my eyes, as I stand up from the seat. I'm not actually pissed, Simon knows that too. "Kind of is."

"Whatever put a top on. I don't need mom thinking that you're still in love with me when we tell her."

This time, as I throw a cushion at him, I am pissed. "You're a dick."

I storm past him. "Could he have made it more obvious that he never actually returned my feelings." I mutter to myself as I pulled a grey t-shirt over my head, hating myself for the watery feelings in my eyes. "Like hell I'm still in love with him. He's cocky, arrogant, not to mention the size of his ego. Who cares that he's hot as hell."

By the time I get to the kitchen, and have taken my position beside Simon at the island, I've calmed down.

"Hey Brenda, Hey Dave." I say once I'm in the camera shot.

"Hey sweetie, how are you? I haven't heard from you since Aspen."

I smile at Brenda, a fake one, but a smile nonetheless. "Sorry about that. There was an emergency at work."

Brenda just nods while Dave asks Simon about how S.Y.B is going.

I take a sip of water, not wanting to feel like I'm eavesdropping on their family conversation.

"I hope Simon isn't causing you too much trouble, Isabella." Dave grins, after a few minutes.

"He's a handful." I laugh along with Dave and Brenda. "No, he's fine really. It's nice to have company."

"You've always been so good to him, even after Olivia first moved to Evergreen."

Simon clears his throat, and I can sense the tension radiating from him. Partly as an attempt at comfort, while also trying to silently apologise for my unjustified outburst I intertwine our fingers. It's below the camera so his parents won't notice.

My heart rate accelerates as Simon opens his mouth to speak. We thought it was only fair we told his parents about us and Sophie, now that everyone else knows. While we clearly don't need to tell mine.

"We have something to tell you."

Brenda nods. "Sure."

Simon glances at me with a questioning look, which i return with a reassuring nod and smile. "Um... back in uh... New York."

"If you're going to tell us about your relationship, you can save your breath." Brenda smirks, as I physically have to stop my mouth from opening in shock.

"You knew?!" I shriek.

"I'd like to think Dave and I are smarter than you two gave us credit for."

Daves phone rings as Brenda finishes her sentence. He excuses himself, apologising while explaining that it's for work.

"So what gave us away?" Simon questions.

"As I said Isabella was good to you even when Olivia left Evergreen. When I found her underwear in your room after you stayed at home for a few days, I realised just how good she was being."

"I remember losing those!" I put my face in my hands. "How did you know they were mine?"

"I helped Olivia pick them for your birthday."

"Remind me to call you for any detective work."

Brenda laughs. "I operate Monday to Friday."

Dave returns a few minutes later, and me and a Simon glance at each other.

Now for the hard part.