11. Deeper than she realised

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The first week of school had gone by quickly, and it wasn't as full considering half of the students were either still on their luxury holidays or had just made their return. Everyone knew that the second week at Northview Academy is when school really began.

"Come in," Donatello called out as he heard knocks at his door.

Iris walked in and sat in the chair in front of his desk, while Iris gathered her thoughts Donatello continued doing his work and waited patiently for her to speak.

Wiping her hands on her skirt she began to talk, " While I was at school I had some trouble," she started.

Donatello immediately stopped what he was doing and looked at Iris, he was glad that she'd gone to him when she had a problem but now his only focus was on solving it. When Iris saw the almost unnoticeable glint of anger in his eye she realised that she should have worded it differently.

"No it's nothing bad," she started playing with her wrist, "I think I need glasses because I haven't been able to see the words close-up in school,"

Iris pulled down the sleeves of her jumper, she could feel the guilt looming over her, she had already made them spend money on clothes, a phone, laptop and she went to a private school, she didn't want to make them spend any more money on her.

She had convinced herself that eventually she'd get put back in the system so she didn't think that the amount of money being spent on her was necessary.

"This has been going on the whole week," he stated, she nodded her head.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"It didn't seem important at the time,"

Donatello raised an eyebrow not believing the excuse that he was given.

"I didn't want to waste your money,"

Donatello sighed, he didn't know what else he could do to show Iris that he and his brothers didn't mind spending money on her.

He turned back to the computer, "Iris we don't mind spending money on you especially if it's something you need," he began, "also we'll be leaving shortly you have an appointment with an optician at 3:00 pm.

"Already,"

"Yes, I'll finish up and then we can go, also call Nario he's scheduled for a check-up,"

"Iris, you coming to the skatepark?" Lorenzo asked as she closed the door to Donatello's office.

"I can't I'm going to the opticians,"

"Good luck and make sure you don't choose an ugly pair," he warned.

• • •

They sat in the car on the way back, Iris was sat in the passenger seat with three pairs of glasses for herself because Donatello insisted that she would need variety. Nario was sat in his car seat and was upset because he had wanted glasses but had perfect vision for his age.

The true reason he wanted glasses is that Iris has them and he wanted to match.

He sat in the back with his arms folded and his bottom lip further in-front as he pouted. Iris had sat in the back with him and tried to cheer him up.