52.

Jeremy Zucker

Jeremy Zucker. Live in Concert. Seattle. February 11th. I read the words, not able to believe my own eyes. My mouth falls wide open. "You're joking. These are fake" I tell Jace, at loss for words. He chuckles at my probably stupid looking face. "You remembered that I've been trying to get tickets?" I add quietly, with my eyes starting to water. I can't help it. This is the sweetest gesture anyone has ever made for me.

"Why the fuck are you crying?" Jace laughs at me a second time, clearly happy that I like his gift. I think it's obvious why, but I don't answer so I won't cry even more.

"Two tickets?" I say ignoring his question, holding them in my hand.

"Yeah, I figured I'd give that whole concert thing a chance. For you" Jace admits to me, sincerely this time. Instead of answering, I let out a little squeal and throw myself onto Jace. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him as tight as I can.

"Thank you so much. That's the best gift you could've given me, honestly" I whisper. Removing myself from his neck, I lay both of my hands on his cheeks gently before planting a much deserved kiss on his lips. Jace reaches behind him, placing a medium sized box in my hand.

"What's this?" I say confused, as he's already given me something.

"That's part two" Jace says softly. 

My eyes grow wide for the second time today. "You got me two gifts?" I say unbelievingly.

"Open" he says chuckling, just like before. I do as demanded and take the lid off of the box. A beautiful, golden necklace comes into sight, with a beautiful pendant shaped like a J.  "So everyone knows you're mine" Jace explains in his raspy voice, while I still admire it.

I can't help but get teary eyed again. "It's beautiful" I whisper, taking it out of the box so Jace can put it on me.

"You like it?" he says, tracing over my neck with his fingers. 

Turning back around to him, I nod my head. "Thank you" I whisper once more. "I love the gifts, both of them. But you didn't have to get me anything" I add sincerely.

"I wanted to" Jace says, casually leaning back onto his lower arms on my bed.

"Well, it's a good thing I have something for you too" I say enthusiastically, walking over to my closet to take out Jace's big, wrapped gift.

"Wow, what the fuck's in there?" Jace says when he sees the size of it.

I'm the one that chuckles at him this time. "See for yourself" I say, placing it on his lap.

It takes Jace a while to get all of the wrapping paper off of the gift, but once he does, a large brown box comes in sight. "A box, thank you Mila" he says ironically, thinking he's funny.

"Shut up" I laugh back at him.

Jace takes the lid off of it and is speechless for a few seconds. "You got me a new baseball bat?" Jace says, not giving me any hint of his emotions.