Chapter 29

Grayson

I couldn't stop looking at Amber and holding her. How could she be even more beautiful? Everyone was so kind and gracious. We had a great time at the reception. But I wanted to get on the plane and head to Fiji. I had chartered a private jet for the occasion. It was going to make the trip a whole lot nicer. I could be alone with her for the 14 hour flight. After eating and dancing and saying our goodbyes, we headed to the small airport we had here in the compound. One of our people was a pilot. Before we took off, Amber called her sisters. She had been thinking about them a lot. The Foster parents had been approved to move forward with the adoption. Amber was so relieved and happy.

Once we were in the air, we discussed our new ability. We could replay events in our mind to each other. We could also hear the deeper inward thoughts and feelings of the other person. That could get a little embarrassing I supposed, but I didn't have anything to hide from her. I guess that was the point of the ability. We were completely honest and open with one another. That would lead to a stronger bond.  We also discussed the possibility that our people wanted us to eventually become some sort of leaders. That made sense if we actually were immortal. We still didn't know if that was true. I didn't want to test out the theory. We would just have to wait and see.

We slept on the plane, holding hands. It was a very smooth trip. I needed to consider investing in one of these. Her and I wanted to do a lot of traveling before we have kids. We landed on the private island and were amazed by the beauty. I could get used to this. We had a whole month here.

"Grayson, this is just gorgeous. Thank you so much." "Amber, you never have to thank me. Everything that is mine is yours and I will gladly fulfill every desire you have if it's in my power." She melted into me for a kiss. That right there was worth every penny. Our home for the next month was just a short walk from the jet. Our friend promised to be back in a month or whenever we decided to return home. He and the copilot slept in a room in the back of the plane for a while before they took off.

We excitedly walked into the sprawling, gorgeous home. A group of staff greeted us. We were supposed to be here sooner, but we let them know we were delayed. There was a chef, a maid, a butler and a personal assistant. Wow, everything we could need. They explained all the services they provided. I didn't see how we would need half of those things. But it all sounded cool. The butler got our things from the jet and then showed us to our room. There was champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. The room was beyond luxurious with a full wall of windows looking out at the ocean. French doors led out to a private patio. On the table outside sat a gift basket.

Amber sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to her. I sat beside her. I could tell exactly what she was thinking. She was nervous but excited. She didn't know what to do or how to act. She was slightly embarrassed that she was so inexperienced. "I'm just as inexperienced as you, remember? We will figure it out together. Don't worry." She visibly relaxed. "I'm going to have to figure out how to block my thoughts from you." She said with a laugh. "I love hearing all of your thoughts. I didn't realize how much of them revolved around me, and specifically how much you want to..." She abruptly covered my mouth with her hand. "You don't have to embarrass me any further." "It's not embarrassing baby. I love to know that you want me as much as I want you. I didn't know for sure until now." I told her honestly.

She went over to the table and poured some Champaign. I picked up a strawberry and fed it to her. We continued flirting innocently with each other. Amber went into the bathroom with her bag and said she was going to take a shower. I listened in on her thoughts as she did so. It was probably wrong of me, but I couldn't help myself. "Have to shave my legs. And brush my teeth. Definitely brush my teeth. Oh goodness, is he listening to me?" "Yes." I told her. "I will stop right now I promise. You go ahead and have some privacy. I'm sorry." "Thank you." She replied.

I waited impatiently for her to come out. What was I supposed to do now? I was nervous. Now I understood why she didn't want me listening in on her private thoughts. This is embarrassing. I didn't know what I was doing. I would just let nature take its course, right? My Dad gave me a few pointers. They made sense in theory. Oh man, I was going to mess this up. I couldn't quite figure out the mechanics of it all. Did we need some birth control since Amber was some sort of super person who would probably get pregnant the first try? I heard her laugh from the bathroom. Oh no! Was she listening to me? I stopped worrying about any of it when she came out of the bathroom and walked over to me. She kissed me with hunger. That was it, I think I knew exactly what to do.

Later that day we came out of our room. The chef offered to make us dinner. We took a walk along the beach while he prepared it. Turns out, it's a great thing to feel each other's thoughts when intimacy is involved. Neither of us needed to worry. It all worked out just the way it was supposed to. Maybe even better. I didn't know just how close you could feel to one person until you could experience things from their point of view. We easily shared our memories and desires with each other.

The next four weeks were the best of my life. I didn't want to go back to the real world. But my parents were missing us, and we had to go. The memories we shared here could be replayed with one another as many times as we wanted. That was definitely a really cool ability. Relive any moment in time with the person you love. We also shared our experiences from when we were apart. My despair when I lost her and her fear when she lived with those horrible people. Those things weren't pleasant, but it made us who we were. She was compassionate because of her experiences and I was appreciative because of mine. It brought us even closer to feel each other's pain. The flight home was bitter sweet. We would be starting our new life, but leaving behind the vacation of a lifetime.