Graduation

authors note: the last and only graduation elodie and the twins will ever attend. enjoy it while it lasts!

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Elodie had only been to one Hogwarts graduation before now, which was Charlie Weasley's back in 1989; and that had been interrupted halfway through when one of the baby dragons he brought sent the marquee on fire.

This one was far more elegant: the rows of chairs were draped in white and pink flowers, and Forrest was standing in his black dress robes up on the platform with the rest of the graduates. She thought he looked handsome, and proud.

"You look dashing." A voice came from behind Elodie. Fred and George were in slightly tattered red robes alongside the rest of their siblings. They were there for Percy, of course. Elodie wondered if he was going to give a speech-being headboy, and all.

"Weasley." She smiled. "As do you."

Fred smirked. "Was that a compliment? From Elodie Florence?"

"Nope, meant George." Elodie waved a dismissive hand over her shoulder.

George grinned smugly at his twin. "Els likes me bett-" He didn't have a chance to finish his sentence, because Lee came up and put his arms around the twins jovially.

"Hiya, mates. Fancy seeing you here." He was decked in casual attire, as was the Lee Jordan way, but had his hair tied back more formally than usual. He was there for his sister, Lola, who was in Ravenclaw.

"Hi." George smiled weakly. Fred rolled his eyes and detached from the two boys, striding up to talk to Elodie.

"Now there's two people who should just shag already." He said amusedly, glancing back at his brother. "They're worse than us, honestly."

Elodie slapped his arm, which was trying to snake around her waist. "I don't think anyone is worse than you."

Fred sighed, slipping his hand into his pocket instead. "You are."

"I am not."

"You so are!"

"Try me, Mr. Don't-ask-questions-you-don't-want-the-answer-to."

"I thought we were never talking about that again." Fred groaned.

Elodie grinned slyly at him. "But it's such good blackmail."

Fred glared at her. "You drive me crazy, Florence."

"My pleasure." Elodie winked, and flounced off to take her seat.

It was in the back, because most of the places were reserved for family-only. The Weasley's, being relatives of the headboy, were sitting in the very front, as far away from Elodie as you could get. This made her a little sad, because she was accustomed to playing hand games with Ginny during long ceremonies. But this was what growing up was, apparently.

Dumbledore was standing at the front, beaming. "Quiet down now, quiet down." He adressed the crowd, and everyone settled into their seats. One woman was juggling twin babies on her lap. Elodie smiled at her.

"Welcome to the graduation of our class of 94'. I daresay this is a long awaited day, for some of you." Some of the graduates gave appreciative chuckles. "I would like to congratulate our seventh year students on their preservation and..."

Trust Dumbledore to give the most austere speech ever. Elodie almost missed the dragon. She zoned in and out of Dumbledore's monologue, mostly focusing on Forrest or the gurgling babies beside her.