Chapter 17 || Little Boy

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

make sure ya vote! ♥️

TRIGGER WARNING: violence, blood 

————

Adrian's facial expression matches that of a scared five year old. He's fidgeting with my fingers, not his, mine. His legs are bouncing up and down as Mr. Rodriguez asks him all kinds of questions.

My favorite one was when he asked "Do you have kids?"

Adrian had made a gagging noise in the back of his throat. But then it turns out Mr. Rodriguez had meant, "Do you like kids?" I had to take a minute to myself to laugh because the expression on Adrian's usual dark and broody face was fucking priceless.

"Do you-" Mr. Rodriguez starts but I cut him off.

"You know what, Mr. Rodriguez, I think that's enough. He's a good hooker, and that's all that matters."

He grunts in response. "Gene is in rehab," He tells me. "I made sure he went after he nearly got run over by a car the other day."

My dad's in rehab... Does this mean he'll actually be clean? Maybe he'll finally stop hating me. Maybe a sober version of him will be better to me.

No... stop. I'm free now... well in a sense. I can't go back. My father is no longer a part of my life.

"Who's Gene?" Adrian asks.

"No one," I quickly respond.

I take a sip of my cocoa and offer a sip to Adrian, who simply shakes his head. I slip my hand out of his grip, and take out my... or my tapped... phone. I downloaded Subway Surf on it, as well as other games.

I open Bubble Shooter and start playing while Mr. Rodriguez plays some sports channel on the TV. I'm not even going to deny it. I can't with sports. I don't understand the fucking terms! The touchdown in basketball, or slam dunk in football. I can't fucking do it.

What are you even touching down? The hoop is all the way in the air! It's should be called touch-up but then it becomes a make-up term. It's all so damn confusing!

But Adrian looks completely absorbed into the TV though. Who knew he was into sports? Am I kidding? Look at those muscles, of course he's into sports!

Dylan (7:34 PM): Where u at? 💋

Me (7:35 PM): With Anna's parents. Why?

Dylan (7:35 PM): Is Addy w u?

Me (7:35 PM): ye, why?

Dylan (7:36 PM): nah, i went to his place, but walked into sumn no one should walk into and got worried that adrian was hiding in some corner scared for his life

Me (7:37 PM): 😂😂 omg

Dylan (7:37 PM): anyway, i gtg. luna is here

Me (7:38 PM): bye, give her a kiss from me🖕

Dylan (7:38 PM): bye. and... sure 🖕

"Who was that?" Adrian asks, craning his neck at my phone. I switch it off and smile at Adrian.

"My other hooker."

"Dylan?"

"Yeah, he has Luna over."

"So... they're a couple too?"

"Ye. We're the only single pringles here. We should do something fun for that. Ooh! How about setting up a random one night stand for you and me? We haven't committed to anyone yet so we can do that."