00. this isn't goodbye

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧( FOREVER )ZERO━━ This isn't goodbyeˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐(🚙🚦🏘)

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
( FOREVER )
ZERO━━ This isn't goodbye
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐(🚙🚦🏘)

( 5 YEARS AGO MAY 30th, 2018 )

     BRIAR LANGFORD, with a MoMA gift shop souvenir in one hand and Peter's rough hand intertwined with the other, sat on the putrid smelling school bus on her way back to Midtown School of Science and Technology while she discussed her upcoming driver's test with her boyfriend.

Briar had been worrying about it for a while. She didn't react well to sudden change, and although she'd been hustling her ass off for the last few months to earn her driver's license, she certainly didn't feel prepared for the daunting responsibilities and milestones that came after this accomplishment.

"Don't worry about it, babe. You've got this, alright?" Peter reassured the curly-haired girl, rubbing soothing circles against the back of her hand. Briar's discouraged expression only pushed him to continue his attempts at calming her down.

"You shouldn't overwork yourself because we both know you're more than ready to ace that test. We can practice your parallel parking again this weekend if it'll make you feel more prepared, okay?" Peter spoke encouragingly.

He didn't like seeing her worry. After years of being in a relationship with Briar, he knew how anxious she could get. Whenever Briar set her mind to something, there was no stopping her until it was perfect.

Unfortunately, it was grueling being a perfectionist while feeling like she was never enough. Peter was aware that he couldn't solve all of Briar's problems or get rid of all her stress, but the least he could do was try to make her feel better.

He squeezed her hand delicately and lifted her chin up using his index fingers to meet her sullen amber eyes, "I love you. Okay? I don't like seeing you worry, you're gonna do just fine." His eyes shone with pride when he spotted a small grin grace Briar's lips, the corners of her mouth threatening to turn upwards. He leaned in and pressed his lips against her forehead lovingly before pulling her into his chest.

"You're too good to me, Peter Parker."

Briar appreciated his support immensely. Not only because he was her boyfriend, or the fact that Peter was a whole ass genius who had faith in her, but because Peter used to be horrible at driving too.

The absolute worst.

He was an excellent driver now, but before, he would go out with May to practice in parking lots on the weekends and they would return with multiple stories of how Peter had almost gotten them in a car accident.