VI

i brushed my icy fingers up and down my arms, attempting to stimulate heat. i pulled the thin hood of my cloak over my head. it was late in the night and i was standing at the gates of l'manburg waiting for dream to show up.

the autumn night was a lot cooler than i had anticipated, and waiting in the unsheltered plains of l'manburg was not helping my situation.

i cupped my hands and brought them up to my mouth, breathing hot air onto them.

"sorry for keeping you waiting- i had some trouble leaving the smp."

i turned around and my eyes met with dreams white mask.

"are you cold? do you want to go somewhere warmer?" concern in his voice.

i glanced at the black stone walls, and then back to dream. i frowned slightly to myself.

"if wil finds out- i don't want to get in trouble." i shiver, gripping my cloak around me.

he lets out a sigh, a smile gracing his lips.

"i'll get you home before anyone notices, come on, you're freezing out here." he grabs my hand, pulling me towards him.

we wandered down into the plains, beside the edge of the forest. the sudden lack of torchlight caught me off guard, my eyes attempting to adjust to the night.

"wait there."

the taller male walked further into the greenery, rustling around in the leaves. after a minute he walked out, pulling a horse, clad in chainmail armour, along with him.

"meet spirit."
he stood proudly in front of me, rein in hand.

i edged closer, hovering my hand over the horse. i peeked at dream, he gave me a nod of approval and i brushed my hand over the white horse's mane.

"alright let me help you up." he stepped closer to me, placing his hands on my hips.

i shiver at his touch. his hands grip my waist as he lifts me up onto the horse, climbing up after me. the hooded male adjusted himself, keeping one hand on my waist for stability and one on the reins.

spirit began to trot into the woodland. i leaned back against dream's armoured chest, absorbing the warmth radiating off of him.

"you're enjoying this aren't you?" a chuckle rumbled through his body, my face warming slightly.

"where are you taking me?"

"you'll see."

~*~*~*~

we rode for a while, dream humming lowly, as we ventured further into the dense trees. soon we reached an opening, the moonlight seeping through the leaves.

a stone structure stood in the centre of the clearance. a brick chimney protruded out the right side of it. green vines twisted along the side of the house, gripping onto any cracks or crevices in the stone. a small barn stable stood to the left of the building.

dream hopped off of his horse, lifting me down shortly after. his hands lingered on my sides for a moment before he pulled away, coughing slightly to disrupt the silence.

he lead spirit to the stables, tying the reins to one of the wooden beams.

"do you like it?" he grinned, leaning against of one the pillars.

"is this place yours?"

he nodded, walking up the wooden steps to the spruce front door. i followed close behind.

the taller male swung open the door, revealing a pretty simple interior. it was an open plan cottage, a bed with multiple blankets and pillows was pushed into the right corner, the fireplace stood next to it.

a simple table and three chairs sat in the centre of the room, and off the left was a counter and stove. long curtains covered the windows and a few decorations were scattered around.

dream stood by and let me enter, shutting the door behind me. he shuffled towards the fireplace, bending down and assembling a wood pile.

"i thought you lived in the smp castle?" i leaned against the table, tilting my head.

dream continued to start the fire, striking a match off of the stone and throwing it onto the wood. it irrupted into flames.

"i do, sometimes. this was my place before i lived there." he sat on the bed, patting the mattress beside him.

i moved beside him, facing the welcoming flames of the fire. i held my hands out, heating them up. we sat together in silence briefly, warming ourselves up.

dream stood up, walking towards the table and began removing his armour. after removing his cloak, he unclipped his chest plate, setting it down onto the hardwood. he pulled off his chainmail, slowly draping the heavy fabric over one of the chairs.

he was left standing in his shirt and trousers, adjusting his mask to make sure it still covered his face.

i turned to the masked man, studying what little of his face i could see.

"does anyone know what you look like, behind the mask?" i sit back, leaning on my hands.

"the king and sapnap do."

i nodded at this information, continuing to observe the man across from me.

his lips curled up into a smirk.

"why? did you want to see what i look like?"

a/n- thank you so much for 700+ reads! just a little dream interaction before the festival. votes, comments and saves appreciated <3