| 07 |

Trust

Namjoon hadn't woken up ever since they got home, his body burning with a high fever as soon as he shifted back.

Now, he lies on his bed in the darkness, his body finally cooling down after three days. Three days since he had last seen EunAe, who insisted on staying even when he locked himself in his room.

His eyes watch her shadow dance outside his door as she paces back and forth, letting out a heavy sigh as he hears her footsteps fade away.

He should probably go talk to her. He's been putting it off long enough. It's not fair for the girl. After all, relationships are about trust, and he is determined to fight for the future of his partner. He will not let her slip away. But in order to do that, he needs to talk to her first.

With a groan, Namjoon slowly gets up, his body heavy like led with every move.

Using the wall for the support, Namjoon carefully makes his way to the living room, his feet dragging on the floor with every heavy step as he goes, eyes immediately drawn to the girl's form sitting on the couch.

Rubbing the nape of his neck, the boy awkwardly clears his throat, dropping his gaze to the floor as the girl looks at him.

Noticing his figure, EunAe offers a small smile, her eyes slightly crinkling at the corners as she closes her book and places on the table, eyes following him as he approaches, a slight frown on her face when he sits on the opposite side of the couch, keeping some distance between them.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Namjoon sees the girl open her mouth to say something, but she quickly closes it without saying a word.

The girl is tempted to ask if he is feeling better, but she's not sure she should, so in the meantime, they awkwardly sit on the couch until Namjoon breaks the silence.

"So....um....I.." He starts, scratching his temple, "I guess I should explain." He says glancing at her. When she doesn't say anything he proceeds.

"The truth is, I've always had difficulty shifting." He finally admits, gaze fixed on the floor as he talks, the girl nodding as she patiently waits for him to continue.

"Whenever I do shift," he says taking in a deep breath, his hands reaching up to pull down his hood, "this happens." He finishes, showing her the golden scales that are still visible on his neck, his brown hair an ashy white color, his warm brown eyes glowing gold. "I don't know why it happens but whenever I shift, I get sick and the shifting takes a toll on my body."

"I see." The girl says with a nod, her hand tentatively reaching out to touch the golden scales, her fingers hovering a few centimeters away before she draws her hand back, gently holding it on her lap.

"Are you scared of me?" Namjoon asks, fidgeting with his fingers as he waits for her answer.

"Should I be?" She asks raising a brow, the boy quickly shaking his head in response.

"No."

"Good." She says with a smile. "Because I'm not scared of you Namjoon."

Hearing her say that makes him sigh in relief, which does not go unnoticed by the girl.

"I'm sorry you found out this way." He says avoiding her gaze. "I wanted to tell you on my own and show you in time but, I guess it didn't happen the way I wanted to."