Fourteen

The past few weeks, my life revolved around work, school, and college applications. I was finally getting an idea of where I could actually see myself and applying to my last final schools.  

My number one concern was that I wasn't too far from my sister. Logan meant the world to me, and I hope she knew that I couldn't live without her. I hoped that two years down the line we would be at the same college.

I also finally got a text back from my dad. He apologized for what he did and he promised to get back to Logan and me. My dad also didn't want me to text him unless I absolutely had to, because he didn't want me to be killed as a pawn. 

This was understandable, but I just wanted life to go back to normal. 

I was excited to take a weekend off of work and spend Saturday night celebrating Brennan's birthday. It was going to get my mind off of things, and it was exactly what I needed.

Not only did I text him at midnight, but I also posted him on my Instagram. Logan said that it would be a good move because it showed that I cared about him and that I wanted him. I never doubted her boy advice, it seemed like she had the most stable, healthy relationship for a fifteen-year-old.

 I never doubted her boy advice, it seemed like she had the most stable, healthy relationship for a fifteen-year-old

"Are you going to kiss him tonight?" Logan asked me as I did my makeup. 

My grandparents thought I was going to Mila's house for a sleepover, but no. I always told Logan the truth since she was good to vent to.

"I want to." I admitted.

"You should." Logan shrugged. "He likes you, and you like him."

I put in small gold hoops. "I'll keep you updated. I'm gonna go pick him up."

Logan hugged me. "Have fun, Ruru."

"I will, and I'll keep you updated." I assured her.

I told my parents goodbye and drove to Brennan's house. There was one of those yard signs that read Happy 18th B-Day Brennan

He ran outside with a Nike duffle bag and jumped in my car.

"Happy birthday!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you." Brennan smiled as he hugged me across the console. "I'm so happy that you saved me from that house."

I started backing up and driving. He thought we were going down to Fairfield to interrogate Albert. I couldn't wait to see his face when we surprised him. 

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"My parents yelling about how I need to get my shit together because I'm eighteen now. Which was no help on top of my existential crisis." he vented to me. "It feels so scary getting old and there's so much to worry about."

"You'll figure everything out." I assured him. "I got you a present, but you can't open it yet."

He looked over at me. "Then when can I open it?"