| 08 |

The plans of fate

After jolting down their notes and theories about the quest, the partners decide to call it a day.

Given the late hour of the day, with the sun ready to call it a day, they are not going to be able get much done. Tomorrow, as soon as the sun starts to rise, they will head to the local library to continue their search.

And who knows, maybe during the night Namjoon might receive more clues.

But it seems like fate has a different plan for the pair.

Namjoon shifts on his bed, tossing and turning from one side to the other, his stomach twisting with each move. Frustrated, he slowly sits up and looks around the room, doubling over when he feels an overwhelming tingle in his body.

Please. Namjoon pleas. Not now. Not again. But he knows that he has no choice as his body moves in its own, taking him somewhere outside the small house.

His mind starts becoming foggier with each step, a shiver running down his spine as he wraps his arms around himself.

Unable to control himself, he shifts to his dragon form in the middle of the forest, his eyes growing heavy soon after.

He tries fighting the need to fall asleep, but the change, still taking a toll on him, manages to knock him out in the middle of nowhere.

                                              ▼△▼△▼△▼

Sometime later, Namjoon's eyes snap open as he hears a ruckus around him, his muscles tensing up when he hears unfamiliar voices.

"He's waking up." One of the voices says.

"Tsk. How could he just shift and stay like that?" Another man says looking him up and down.

What happened? Namjoon thinks looking around, his mind in a daze as his gaze lands on the stranger's faces.

"I'm sure people would love to buy a dragon shifter." The first man says with a smirk.

Realizing the situation, Namjoon attempts to move, only to find himself bound by chains.

"What do we do now?"

"We should probably move him before anyone finds him." The first man says handing his partner a weapon. "Here, use this to knock him out. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep him knocked out for a while."

"You got it boss." The other man says pointing the weapon at Namjoon, who helplessly watches his every move.

EunAe! He calls out, feeling a sharp pain on his neck. The world slowly swirling around him as darkness takes over him.

                                               ▼△▼△▼△▼

EunAe wakes up in the middle of the night when she hears his voice, the sky outside still dark.

With her heart pounding on her chest, EunAe quickly gets up, stumbling along as she walks around his place, tripping a couple of times with unfamiliar objects.

"Namjoon?" She calls out, rubbing her eyes as she goes to his room.

Flipping the switch on, EunAe's brows draw together as she sees the mess in his room, her partner nowhere to be seen.