010

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter ten:
friends don't !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

FRIENDS DON'T WAKE up in each other's arms feeling like they're on cloud nine. Friends don't get ready in the morning with permanent blushes on their faces because they remembered the piano playing and collarbone kisses that were shared the night before. Friends don't get butterflies every time the other one laughs or smiles in their direction. Friends don't almost spill their gut feelings to each other before one of them claims they need to go to their locker before school starts.

Maybe couples do, but friends don't. As for Athena Blake, she felt like her and Ricky Bowen weren't just friends anymore. That suspicion had begun ever since she heard the voicemail (which she still hadn't told him about) and especially after last night. Maybe it was one-sided, and maybe it was insane to think, but she didn't really believe that. If Ricky really meant what he said on that voicemail, there was a possibility he liked her back.

Everything was giving her a headache. She sighed and opened her locker to gather the books she needed for the day. Today was also sort of a big day. It was Homecoming, and although Athena didn't have a date, she knew that she would have fun with Violetta, Ricky, and Big Red. It would be just like the old days when the four of them would hang out without a care in the world.

"Artemis told me Ricky stayed over last night," the voice of Violetta suddenly said.

Athena turned to Violetta and rolled her eyes. "Of course she did. Artemis is such a blabbermouth."

"Did you two finally kiss?"

"Violetta," Athena scolded.

The girl raised her hands in surrender. "I was just asking."

"To answer your question, no, we didn't," Athena replied, shutting her locker and leaning against it. "He came over my house crying. I comforted him, gave him Wake Up and told him it was about him, we played some piano, watched a movie, and then he slept over. That's it."

Violetta raised an eyebrow. "I feel like you're hiding something."

Athena sighed. She opened her mouth to respond, but Big Red's voice sounded from down the hallway.

"Come on, dude," Big Red's began. "I'm just saying, this is your chance!"

Athena looked over to see him and Ricky walking down the hallway. Ricky was wearing a pair of pajamas, yet somehow he still managed to look completely good in them. Her cheeks dusted a light shade of red and she glanced down at the floor.