[ f o r t y ]

f o r t y
i s a a c  &  l i a

"KETAMINE?" Questioned Scott as him, Amelia and Stiles were on the examination room at the animal clinic

Amelia hadn't talked to Stiles during the whole school day, and Dahlia actually told her to keep it that way until he realizes he did something wrong, but Amelia didn't think it was a good way to handle things.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage," explained Deaton as he put down on the examination table the liquid and the syringe, making Amelia look at it.

"Why can't I just shoot him with my tranquilizer arrow?" Amelia doubted, making the veterinarian look at her.

"It won't work. Kanima heals really fast, it won't do anything to him at all," he explained before looking at the other two. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time."

Amelia still wasn't understanding the plan in its entirety, specially because she had to stick with Isaac the whole time and she knew if she did that, she won't see many action. Well, she had to look for Isaac right after what she supposed was "friend date" with Matt.

They told her to get away from him as soon as possible so she can participate on the plan to catch Jackson and the master of the Kanima, which was also the murderer mastermind of the whole thing. Like the Jigsaw of the situation, Stiles had called him.

"This is some of what you'll use to crate the barrier," pointed Deaton as he showed them a jar with some dust in it. "This part is for you, Stiles." He put the jar down. "Only you."

"Uh, sounds like a lot of pressure," her boyfriend spoke before grabbing the jar and looking at it. "Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" That only made Amelia and Scott look at him seriously.

It wasn't a joke moment.

"It's from the mountain ash tree," continued to talk Deaton, "which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood."

"It's true," intervened Amelia, pointing towards the jar. "Sealgairs use it to trap their preys, but it's not much common since we are also supernatural and sometimes it didn't have good results. Being trapped with a werewolf inside a circle you can't escape is not the idea, no matter how good hunter you are."

"It makes it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble," added Deaton as Stiles put the jar down.

Mountain ash was something Amelia wasn't familiar with and she appreciated it wasn't her the one with the task, honestly.

"Okay, so then, what?" Doubted Stiles. "I just speed this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"