Chapter 9

"Sure."

They went to bed in Stiles old room. It stayed exactly the way he'd left it, star wars posters and all. They went to bed Mitch's mind going back to the days events. He needed to call Irene in the morning.

And when morning came he did just that after getting up at 7 in the morning with Annika. Mitch and Annika changed into a shirt from his closet , which was a bit too tight on him but what do you expect when it's three years old and he's changed this much. Mitch just put yesterdays pants on figuring none of his old ones would fit but Annika did use a pair of his old pants.

They put their shoes on, making their way downstairs. Annika got started on breakfast while Mitch got the coffee ready. After Mitch got it started he called Irene while he waited but decided to walk to the living room where there was less noise.

"Irene. We have a problem."

"I know. After the call from Annika yesterday one of our agents spotted him on a traffic camera on his way to Beacon Hills about two weeks ago."

"Crap. What the hell does he want?"

"I think he wants you Mitch. Annika mentioned he was after the sheriff but why would he go after the sheriff?"

"To get to me."

"Exactly. Mitch he's on to you. He's done his homework and he's been following you."

"You don't mean-"

"Yes. You need to get out of there, find him and eliminate him. He is a danger to everyone you care about. Please follow orders this time. I'll call Stan over to help you out."

"Understood."

When the call ended he turned around to the kitchen Annika had breakfast ready on the table, eggs and bacon with some toast and Noah, Melissa, and Scott were came down the stairs. They smiled and thanked her as they sat down at the table.

Annika waited for Mitch to come eat but he wasn't by the door. She excused herself and went upstairs to his room and found him packing up his clothes in a duffel bag. She noticed all the posters were off the wall and in the trash can.

She also noticed that any evidence that even remotely showed that anyone was there was gone. Mitch stood up, duffel bag in hand and headed out into the hallway. "Mitch. Mitch wait.' Annika said grabbing a hold of his arm. 'What's going on? What are you doing?"

This got the attention of the people downstairs. "He's after me Annika. He wants to get back at me for what happened in Rome. He knows who I used to be and he's going to use it against me. I am not going to let them get hurt because of me, and that includes you. So I am leaving and I'm going to find him. Alone."

"Are you crazy?! I can take care of myself and I am not going to let you do this alone. We don't do that, we don't turn our backs. Not now, not ever. You know that." Annika said. When she said this Mitch sighed.

He put the duffel bag on the ground and walked towards Annika placing a hand on her cheek. "I'm sorry. I know you can take care of yourself but I can't risk you getting hurt again, you barely survived last time we faced him. I can't lose you Annika. Not after everything that's happened."

'I can't lose you the same way.' he thought.

"Mitch. You won't me or anyone else. We are doing this together like we do everything. We have each others backs, always." Annika reassured. Mitch let out a breath and kissed her with love and appreciation. She kissed right back.

When they pulled apart Mitch looked in her eyes "Always." Annika smiled and hugged Mitch. When they pulled apart Mitch grabbed the duffel bag from the floor and they walked down the stairs where Scott, Melissa, and the Sheriff were standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

Mitch placed the bag by the front door and walked to the others "Let's eat." They smiled back at him and walked to the table. They all ate together talking and laughing about things that have happened in Beacon Hills, Mitch smiled a bit more and chuckled but never a full laugh.

Noah got curious and asked "So what's it like working with St-Mitch?" "Well, for one, he can follow orders to save his life." Annika said with a smile. "Yea he never could do that." his dad added causing everyone to laugh.

"There was one time where Stan told him to observe and report, nothing more. All he had to do was walk in with a partner and get some in-tell on the target. They walked in and the target spotted and shot. He killed the partner and Mitch was told to go back but her just couldn't stay away."

"He took his gun and shot right back. The target ran out of the coffee shop and Mitch ran right behind him. Stan was shouting through ear piece to fall back but Mitch wouldn't give in. He took out the ear piece and got a hold of our targets assistant and made him take him to his boss."

"God he was so reckless on that mission. His first mission might I add. Should I tell them what you did once you got to the building?" she asked never taking her eyes off of Mitch. He sighed and started "When I got to the building I jumped the fence in the back."

Annika just chuckled and shook her head at the memory of his reckless behavior. The others on the other hand weren't so happy about the information. "You killed him?!" "Why would you do something so reckless and dangerous?!" "Did you get hurt?"

Mitch chuckled at the questions. "Yes I killed. I had to eliminate the target, he was a threat. I couldn't let him go when he was so close and I wasn't going to lose him and give him time to run." he said answering Scott and Noah's questions. He turned to Melissa with a small smile "A couple cuts and bruises but nothing major."

She smiled back at him. By that time they had finished dinner and decided to call everyone over to Derek's loft, which he still had after all these years, since it was a Sunday. The parents decided to stay back at the house and tidy up before meeting them at the loft.

Scott got in his car and drove out of the drive way first with Mitch and Annika following behind him.

___________________________________

Hope y'all liked the chapter.
Much love. 💕✌️