~Chapter 06~

After rigorously working on our projects for hours on without even a break, Chelsea and I finally decided to feed our empty stomachs. We used the advantage given to us as our leverage.

I had spent my whole time coming up with different copies for the new campaign that Sebestian assigned everyone as the first step of our work in the team. Every time I would give him a list of what I had come up with, he'd shake his head and tell me, "Impress me like you would to your haters and enemies. Which is by not trying too hard."

At that moment, I knew that I had to push myself harder ahead.

As Chelsea and I made our way toward the cafeteria, I ushered Shivaay to tag along. Filling our trays with the appetizing food, we sat down at the table where Keith was already seated.

I swear, the guy's always there before us.

Keith was furiously typing away on his laptop with his right hand while munching on the chips with his free hand. His brows had a crease in between them and he seemed really into whatever he was doing.

He glanced up as soon as he saw us and grinned widely. When his gaze fell upon me, his lips stretched even more if that's possible. "Guess it's someone's heyday!" Keith said in a sing-sang voice and I laughed.

"Yes, girl, exactly! Like, not even a week and you're already coming up with your blazing ideas, like how?" Chelsey seconded, munching on her fried rice.

I just shrugged and passed them both a smile. "Not really, guys."

"What do you mean by that?" Shivaay said dryly from beside me, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean that Ms. Maxwell thinks that my idea is "fine"!" I scoffed, throwing my hands up in the air in exasperation. "And trust me on this when I say that everybody present in the Board Room gave me so much better compliments than she did."

Chelsea, Keith and Shivaay looked at me as if I had lost my mind and grown a second head. "Shut up," Chelsea finally spoke up with incredulity. She chuckled and shook her head like it should make me feel any better. "You... you - I..." she stuttered and stopped herself short.

I eyed them askance. "What?"

"She means that Ms. Maxwell never puts in her good words as much. Her compliments are reserved for a very few people, like for real. And her dictionary for the very same thing is almost non-existent. Her "fine" is equivalent to "good job there!" Her employees have learned this the hard way. So if you got a fine from her then that's gold, VVJ," Shivaay explained with an impressed nod.

The corners of my mouth lifted up in a pleasant smile and before I knew it, I was grinning like a maniac. "Wow!" I breathed, enthused. "I can't believe it."

"Uh..." Chelsea trailed off precariously.

"What is it now?" I questioned with a puzzled smile.

"I don't get why you're so hyped out about it. That's not a good thing. Nope. Nada." She shook her head and shuddered in fear.

Keith nodded, backing up her sentence. "Exactly. People try not to come under Ms. Maxwell's radar." He looked at me pitifully with his lips scrunched up in a pout. I didn't know if they were meaning to scare me or just genuinely warning me about something that they shouldn't.

"Okay...?"

Shivaay groaned and slapped his forehead irately. "Either explain the whole damn thing, guys or forever hold your peace. I hate being the Olaf here," he said, rolling his eyes. Turning his body to me, the frown still intact, he went into the details. "What they're tryna say here is once you get the "brooch" of fine on your collar, there's no turning back. As in, once she's got her eyes on you, she's always gonna put high expectations on your shoulders as well. And if you in any case disappoint her, she'll start... rampaging and throwing tantrums on you."