PTM 6 | burning down bridges [PART ONE] - TROUBLE

track #6: Mirror Side #1: Constant Bullshit — Summer Walker              Mirror Side #2: Heart Cold — Toosii

              Mirror Side #2: Heart Cold — Toosii

"It may not have seemed like it, but moving on from Jaivon was tough for her."

"Conversations about Deidra weren't all that uncomfortable for him to have anymore."

TROUBLE

TROUBLE.

An isolated hand left to smolder in an unexpected outbreak of fire tends to notice when the pain from the scorching and high flames becomes unbearable to manage. Most would assume that to put an end to the suffering, one must completely draw their hand away from the heat that is eating away at their crisp flesh. However, in addition: to eradicate the pain, to truly eradicate the pain, one must also put out the flames before they can continue to cause anymore damage. Before it continues feasting away at the layers of skin that are left behind. Before it spirals into what most know as trouble. Trouble. Good trouble. Bad trouble. The two, though very different, interlock in very different ways, and in those different ways they tend to spiral out of control.

"You really not with Jaivon anymore?"

Chanala's younger brother Miziah was spending the day with her and he had a million questions to ask about her precipitous split from Jaivon. Ever since moving most of her belongings out of Jaivon's home she'd been waiting to find herself a new space to settle into. When she got approved for a space in a beautiful luxury apartment building, she wasted no time making the place feel like home. She lived with Jaivon for two years. Living on her own was different. She didn't have to dress up an extra plate of food for anyone, have to hurry back to another soul at the end of a long work day, or have to wrestle for extra leg space in the bed. Living alone took on another meaning of peace and quiet. No fuss. No fight. No trouble.

"I haven't been with him for almost a month now." Chanala informed her brother. She was laid out on the cold hardwood floor, in an early stage sit-up position with her camera close to one of her eyes. Bright flashes of light passed through the lens as she snapped a series of photos of Miziah unannounced. She pulled the camera away from her eye to get a look at the digital screen projecting one of the off guard photos she captured of him, then she stood up from the floor. "Whose apartment do you think we're standin' in the middle of?" Her question was asked with loads of sarcasm and a face so twisted up, that it resembled a pair of shoelaces attempted to be tied by a kindergartner.