seventeen

seri felt the floor slipping against her feet as she lost balance when donghyuck slightly stepped on her toenail.

"what the fuck? that wasn't nice!" seri glared at him when she was on the floor. she touched her toenail and luckily it was fine.

"you called me stupid!" he countered.

the girl scoffed with all her might, "you were spacing out!"

ms. kang stood between them, "okay. let's just focus. and stop yelling. let's start again."

if glares could kill, donghyuck wouldn't be breathing anymore. seri mouthed an insult before they started again.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"renjunie!" seri chortled as she saw renjun walking through the hallways.

the aforementioned male halted his steps and craned his neck to look back. when his eyes saw seri running to him, a smile crept upon his face.

he secretly hid the documents he was holding behind his back while he used his free hand to wave at the girl.

"you were missing yesterday," seri began when she had reached him.

"i needed to do something," he answered, "by the way, seri, do you have something to do later after class?"

the girl tilted her head and puckered her lips. "i'm free until 7, i guess."

"let's watch a movie and have dinner."

upon what renjun said, seri smiled reached her eyes while she nodded without a doubt. "but your shift..." she suddenly remembered.

renjun gulped before he spoke, "i resigned."

seri's brows furrowed, "why? anyways, we still have classes." she held on his arm to pull him when renjun shook his head.

"i still need to go to the principal's office. let's catch up later."

seri, uncertain, nodded still having a lot of questions. she was busy thinking about that that she failed to notice that the male wasn't even wearing a unifrom.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

the classes ended without renjun stepping a foot inside the classroom which made seri slumped on her seat. she was too overjoyed with the fact that they were supposed to go on a date yet it might not happen anymore since renjun was no where.

dongsook noticed how her friend heaved a heavy sigh. she poked her to get her attention.

"jung seri, you seemed worried. what happened, hmm?" dongsook held seri's hand, "did sungchan ate all the peaches again?"

seri heaved another sigh before she shook her head. "i'm just not in the mood, sookie." she stood up and got her bag before she gestured dongsook to go out.

the both of them walked in silence since dongsook wasn't really also in the mood. when the both of them reached the gates, dongsook held seri's arm and pulled her back.

confused, seri glared at dongsook. "why?"

dongsook eyed something infront of them. seri rolled her eyes before she looked at what dongsook was pertaining to. her mouth slightly parted when she saw renjun standing with a bouquet of flowers.

"i see, you have a date," dongsook whispered on her ear.

seri elbowed her in the ribs, "shut up." then she proceeds to walk towards renjun.