04 | Handkerchief

04 | Handkerchief

Calum | POV

I wake up from the soft buzz from my phone. I stretched my arm, reaching for the bedside table feeling for the object. 

"Hey, did I wake you?" I smile hearing Sophia's gentle voice. I shuffled underneath the sheets. "You did." I admit. I hear her gasp on the other line. "Oh, i'm sorry, Cal. Go back to bed." She tells me. 

I got off the bed and walked towards the closet. Apparently Mali says it's inappropriate to eat breakfast in just my boxers."It's alright, hey, I was wondering if—"

I was cut off mid sentence when I hear a bone jerking scream. "AAAAH!" 

"Mali." I whispered, dropping the phone instantly and running through the door. "CALUM!" She screams. "Calum!" 

"Mali!" I yelled. "Shit." The door was jammed.  I hurriedly ran to the drawer and pull out a gun, shooting the knob twice before I kick it open. 

I jerk up from my bed, beads of cold sweat forming on my forehead. I was panting, leaning on the headboard with my eyes closed. I heaved a sigh. "Mali." I whispered, opening my eyes and looking at the tattoo on my arm. 

I ran my thumb across the ink, "I miss you, Mali." My heart skipped a beat when the Music Box plays. I smiled. It was Mali's, it was her favorite thing in the world. The clock our mother gave her when she was six. It plays the music and the ballerina turns around every three hours, it was her most priced possession. 

I got off the bed and head downstairs, even in boxers. Without Mali reprimanding me about eating in my boxers, I don't bother putting on some other clothes. Because doing it will remind me of my sister, doing what she used to tell me to do would always remind me of her, and it depresses me every single time. 

When I came down for breakfast, the maids have already set up the table and the meal was already prepared. "Young Master." One of them bows as she pours me a cup of tea. I waved her off afterwards. 

I sat there in silence for a while, looking at the empty chairs and the amount of food prepared for me, just for me. I frowned, realizing how alone I was. I shook my head and began picking from the variety of viands. 

After breakfast, I got ready for school and drove to Sophia's place. I was trying to phone her in to tell her I was already on my way, but she doesn't pick up. 

From: Calum Hood

Soph, i'm on my way to pick you up. :)

From: Calum Hood

You there?

From: Calum Hood

Hey Soph, why aren't you answering my calls?

From: Calum Hood

Why won't you pick up? :(

Finally, my phone buzzes. 

From: Sophia Lawson

I'm already in school, Cal.

I cursed under my breath and tossed my phone on the shotgun seat. Is she mad? Did she, by chance, see me bring Mia to the clinic? I shook my head. "Women." I whispered to my self as I signaled to make a u-turn. 

Mia | POV

"Where? Take me to her!" Luke talks to the imaginary dwarves and I try to hold my laughter.