Chapter 10: Kim Lewis

"Your sister is not going to school today" Charlie sighed while taking a sip from his cup, I blinked. It was not news for me, Bella was still unresponsive. The only reaction we have gotten out of her was the 5 full hours of crying when I mentioned Edward's name. That prick.

"I figured" I went back to munching my toast, I was not very hungry but I was trying really hard to get by. Focusing on my sister had been helping me the last hours to take my mind of Rosalie but now that Bella was sleeping, the pain I have been struggling to push deep down my stomach was coming back up.

"How are you feeling?" my eyes found Charlie when I heard his question, I tried to school my expression as good as I could.

"Fine" I shrugged my shoulders, he gave me a knowing look "I will miss my friend tho..."

I felt a little guilty about playing the friendless card on my dad. It was something I knew both of my parents worried about. Also I knew that since I hated to talk about it, Charlie would feel a little uncomfortable bringing it up in the future.

"Surely you will miss the Hale boy" he tilted his head, his tone was different. Almost accusing.

I cleared my throat, internally I was groaning. What was it with my dad always questioning me about my love life? Wasn't it an unsaid pact among every dad and daughter for both to ignore that topic unless it was necessary?

"Jasper was a good friend of mine" I sighed, the last memory I held of him was horrible.

I knew that frenetic vampire trying to eat us, was not the sweet southern gentleman that was willing to be my fake boyfriend just to make me look more straight.

"And Rosalie too" he added pointedly, I could feel tears forming on the rim of my eyes at the mention of her name.

All my confidence was crashing, I thought that maybe I could be a little more discrete about how heartbroken I actually was but if just hearing her name was tearing me down like this, what would be like to face the whole school?

"Yeah" I bit my lip, swallowing the lump on my throat "Rosalie too"

"You guys could still talk on the phone" Charlie tried to cheer me up and extended his hand to me on top of the table, I reached for it "Communication nowadays is not that difficult"

"Rosalie is a really popular girl" I lied immediately, trying to make up a story that will explain why she won't be keeping in touch without actually revealing the truth "We could be keeping in touch at the beginning but eventually she will make more friends and I do not want to trouble her"

"Soff, she looked like she really cared for you" Charlie's tone softened, it was a little rare that he was so insistent about her "I am sure she would not mind to call you once or twice a week, or send emails"

"It is me who told her not to call me anymore" I rolled my eyes, it was getting annoying that Charlie was so stubborn "She is 18 – will be 19 by the summer-, she is worrying about college and moving to a new town, so the last thing she need is a clingy 16 year old holding on to her just because I am her... friend" I started to ramble but caught myself at the last part, Charlie was conflicted so I decided to end this conversation "I do not need to be her charity case dad, I told her not to call me anymore because at first she will call every day, then twice a week and eventually the phone will stop ringing" I took out my inhaler, some tears were rolling down my cheeks "I will not put myself through that, it will be slowly painful"

I was staring down at my dad in silence as he took in all of my words.

I did not know why I was making this whole story up, partly it was for the Cullens' sake, to make them look more human, I was doing this because I love Rosalie and while I hated that she broke up with me and my pride urged me to let her go, my heart was unwilling to even dare of speaking ill of her.