0 5 He Was Still Looking

Ariel's hands were big and warm. She looked at his flowing brown hair as they ran. She felt his pulse through his palms, her heart was beating fast and so was his. She didn't know where he was taking her, they were just running aimlessly, away from that man who was chasing them.

"Ajax! Come back to Arthur!" He shouted as he ran towards them with his servants. She turned her head and looked at them. Arthur almost grabbed her by her hair but Ariel pulled her towards him, and moved his other palm towards Arthur.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" He roared and the barely around them turned to gold spearheads, launching themselves at them. Ariel began running again and saw a train track. A train was approaching. Arthur and his servants ran as far as they could and the spears slowly turned back to barely.

But by then, Ariel and Jevelene had jumped on the slow moving train.
"Ajax!" Arthur ran towards him and the train began gaining pace.

"Come back to me! I BOUGHT YOU!"
Jevelene looked at Ariel. His brunette hair was flowing in the wind. It looked soft and touchable. The train moved faster and faster, leaving behind a chasing Arthur, left in despair.

"AJAX!"

His screams were covered under the horn of the train. Ariel moved towards Jevelene and hugged her gently. With his past choked under those train tracks, where was that train leading them to? There was only one way to find out.

Jevelene looked outside the window, looking at a town that never liked her. It was the first time she was travelling out of it, first time she was sitting in a train. She closed her eyes and felt the wind on her face.

Ariel smiled, "So, you don't want to know who that man was?"
"I know who he was," She replied.
"What? Really? Who?"

"Someone who didn't deserve you,"
"Hah, yeah. Do you think I deserve you?"
She smiled, "You deserve better,"
"I do," He looked outside the window.

"I'll help you find them,"
"Who?"
"Someone perfect for you. Your star spirit!"

He looked outside, "You mean a fuckbuddy servant?"
"No! What?! Your soulmate!"
He crossed his legs and rested his face over his palm, "Soulmate..."

As night hit, Ariel got up and woke Jevelene up, "The train is slow. We should get down right now. If you go a few more stations, we might get into trouble with the train staff. We are travelling without a ticket afterall," He told her and she complied.

They got down on a dark road, covered by fog. It was cold and she was shivering. They watched the train leave. Ariel walked ahead of her, holding her hand in his. She followed him quietly.

"Where are we?" She asked as she looked up at the nape of his neck.
"I don't know, Jevelene. What? You're tired already? Weak,"
"I'm not weak!" She left his hand and walked ahead of him.

"See! I can walk faster than–AH!" She fell into a deep ditch. Ariel looked down from above and began laughing, "Yeah, you're not weak. You are weak and fucking stupid," He continued laughing.

Once he was satisfied, he leaned down, "You okay though?"
She didn't reply.
"Jevelene?" He got on his knees and leaned on the ditch and felt something crawling on his hands.

He looked up and found himself covered by black smoke, "Forbidden magic?" And soon many black shadow jumped out of the ditch. His face lost its composure and his brows furrowed, "Ghouls,"

There were many of them. His eyes glowed orange and his nails turned to gold, resembling golden claws. One of the black shadows ran towards him and he scratched his face and jumped back. He pressed his hands on the ground and it turned into mercury. He took some the liquid metal into his arms and threw it at the ghouls.