Fixing Ties (Part One)

Brielle POV

Today is a me day.

Living with Harry so far has been amazing, but we as humans both need our days to simply be alone and today, it's my day. Harry headed out a few hours ago and should be back soon, but he actually went to go tell the twins himself that they'll be moving in with us soon. Meanwhile, I was simply calmly reading a favorite book of mine in the sunroom. It was perfect, I've put some plants in here so that makes everything better, the sunlight is just right and is keeping me warm, I put on a record player with some soft, slow, and calm music playing, this is how I stay sane.

Tomorrow I jump right back into work at Auradon Prep, not to mention my mom and dad called a meeting for tomorrow, just Ben and I. Hopefully it's not an intervention or something, but I'm recharging today for whatever tomorrow may bring me. The castle really does feel super quiet without Harry here. Since we've moved in about a month ago, he has begun singing sea shanties all the time. Like, all the time. He likes how it sounds in the bigger space and he wants me to know where he is all the time if I need anything. I'm not complaining, I love it when he sings those old sea shanties, the way his beautiful voice rings through the castle too is simply heavenly.

With Harry being out of the house, things do feel a little strange here I'll admit. We've unpacked quite a bit, but we're still ordering furniture and such so most of the rooms are still empty. A few of them are pretty much finished, the magic of having royal help is all I can say about that. Like the parlor, the sunroom, our master bedroom, those are pretty much furnished. The kitchen needs some work so Harry and I are gonna devote a day this week to do some home improvement bonding, mainly because all we wanna do is paint. I don't need to hire someone to do everything, painting is simple.

But the castle being so empty and me being alone has put me a little on edge... I'm trying to ignore it but it's a little hard when all you can hear behind the soft music playing is silence. I miss my little sea shanty singing pirate who always makes this place feel alive, what can I say?

Suddenly a small distant sound interrupted my thought process and my reading, a small knock on the front door. Oh! Maybe Harry's home and he forgot the key so I have to let him in, that would be fun! But wouldn't he announce himself verbally? Maybe he wants to surprise me? Also, Harry wouldn't lose something as important as the house keys, that's absurd.

I ignored all of that and decided to simply find out, I hopped off my lounging chair and put my book down before I began to trot over to the door to answer the light knock, humming to myself as I did. It's a little odd that whoever is at the door hasn't announced themselves or has been announced, especially if it's not Harry... if it's not Harry or I a guard has to come up to the door with the person in question to get approval from one of us to let them in. I paused as I thought that, but there are a few new guards on duty that may not know they have to do that yet so I brushed it off.

I trotted up to the door and got my normal smile ready as I put my hand on the door handle and turned. I pulled the door open... and my breath... it completely was knocked out of me. There... standing right outside was the pale blue eyes of none other than...

Captain Hook... staring at me with a smile that I didn't even want to look at long enough to tell if it was genuine or not.

I immediately tried to slam the door on him, but a hook came in between the door and prevented it from closing. I immediately felt at least ten shots of adrenaline pump into my veins,

"No! P-Please let me in, I p-promise I mean no h-harm! Y-Your highness please!"

He beckoned from the other side as I tried to shove the door closed still, his hook not allowing it. My heart was beating out of my chest, the one time I'm home alone too... the one time Harry isn't here and... the one time he isn't a simple scream away,