19. His Past...

Seeing Ashton entering the house a guard came running to them. He greeted Ashton and informed that the girl who worked at the villa had to rush urgently to the hospital because her brother had met with an accident. So for the time being Mrs Grace was taking care of the things.

Just then the housekeeper Grace arrived. She was an old lady in her late sixties. "Ashton." The old woman beamed at the man who was the cause of Lilly's irritation and to her surprise the man who didn't even spare her a proper glance since the previous night smiled at the old lady and gave her a warm hug.

"Grace, weren't you supposed to be on a leave? I gave you a vacation."

"Oh come on, Ashton do you think I am an old lady with weak bones who can't do anything?"

Ashton chuckled as he said, "No you are not old but you need some rest. Don't tire yourself out."

"Forget that. You are like my son so whatever I do for you it's out of my love. I never considered anything related to you a burden." the old lady smiled and Lilly could feel the kindness in her words. Grace looked past Ashton and smiled at Lilly.
"You have brought such a beautiful bride and here I was it worrying that you would never marry."

Grace moved past Ashton to greet Lilly but then stopped as her eyes fell upon the little toddler in Lilly's arms.
"This child?"

"He is my son. Samuel King." Ashton answered.

"Your son?" Grace looked at Ashton in shock and then back at the sleeping toddler before turning her eyes at Lilly.
"He looks just like the little version of Ashton. Such a beautiful child." Grace smiled.
" I'll meet him when he wakes up and till then get inside I'll prepare something for you two."

" I don't have much of an appetite." Ashton interrupted. "You show Lilly around the house and I will do some work in my study."

"Don't overwork yourself, Ashton." the old lady sighed as she headed towards the kitchen.
"I'll prepare some coffee for you two. Do you need milk for the baby?"

"Yes, please." Lilly smiled. 

"Alright. You wait in the living room and I'll be back in five minutes." Saying this Grace disappeared in the kitchen.

Before Lilly could take a step towards the seating area Ashton pulled her from her elbow as he said in a low voice, "You will sleep in my room tonight."

"But you said -"

"Forget that." Ashton interrupted. ''I didn't know that Grace would be here and one more thing you need to remember is Grace may be working for this household but she is a mother figure to me that's why she has a room in the main house. Till the time she is here be very nice to her. I don't want her to know about this marriage is nothing but a sham."

" I don't think I behaved badly with anyone and my temper is better than you, Mr King." Lilly shot back.

Ashton ran a frustrated hand through his hair looking very displeased with the situation.
"I didn't mean that but please she is a very important person to me so be careful and don't tell her about Elsie or Sebastian. She doesn't need to know that Sam is Sebastian's and Sarah's child."

"What are you trying to hide?" Lilly questioned.

"I don't want people to remember Sebastian with hatred in their heart. I know he made many mistakes but he alone wasn't responsible for the damage that was caused and as to why I tell everyone that Sam is my son because I don't want people to think that Sam was a mistake. I don't want him to grow up thinking that his dad was a drug addict and alcoholic. I want him to grow happily."