Talk To You

"Don't think for a second that I'm not the one in charge here, Kuvira," Suyin said as placed a loving kiss on the younger woman's neck. "As I mentioned...I want you, but that will have to wait." As soon as the words left Suyin's lips, Kuvira's heart dropped.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, panic filling her chest. The older woman leaned forward and gently pressed her lips to Kuvira's temple.

"Nothing is wrong, dear. In about a month we're having a celebration! That's what I came by to tell you before we got...distracted," she sheepishly admitted. Kuvira was confused by the whole thing.

"And what are we celebrating..?" She asked as she pulled her robe shut, covering her previously very nude self. This action caused Suyin's previously smiling face to falter for just a moment before she wrapped her arms around the younger woman.

"Wing and Wei were both able to make a break in pro bending! Isn't that fantastic?" She gushed as she placed loving kisses all over the younger woman. Kuvira had been listening but now it seemed her mind was somewhere else. She took a few seconds to pry her mentor's hands off of her and take a few steps away from her. Suyin's face fell into an expression full of hurt and confusion at the small act of defiance.

"Yeah, Su. That's great. But I'm starting to feel like that conversation we keep putting off needs to happen before that party." Kuvira's words were careful and thought out so as not to hurt the older woman. Now it was Suyin's turn to fill with nervousness and slight panic. The conversation they needed to have would change everything, for better or for worse.

"I suppose you're right. After all, this is a very important conversation. When would you like to have this conversation. I should have the time now, if you'd like," Suyin said. Kuvira grimaced.

"Give me about thirty or so minutes to finish getting ready and we can talk then. We can meet in your office if you would prefer. Whatever you're more comfortable with."

"I can wait for you out here, Kuvira. I don't mind," she replied unenthusiastically. Kuvira nodded solemnly.

"Sounds good to me."

The younger woman was dreading that conversation just as much as Suyin. It really was a scary conversation. Putting a label on it both terrified and excited Kuvira but Suyin just seemed nervous. The older woman already knew where she wanted the conversation to go. She wanted desperately to confess her love for the younger woman and to finally make their relationship official but she was scared of losing Kuvira for good. The moment she had realized her true feelings for her young protege she knew she could never let her go.

This whole situation was so new to Kuvira she wasn't sure what to think and she definitely didn't want to put a label on anything until she had a chance to talk to Bataar. At that point she wasn't sure which conversation scared her more.

When kuvira stepped out of the shower and finally finished her morning routine her stomach was still in knots. She hesitated a little as she reached for the doorknob, but ultimately decided to open the door. Suyin rushed to meet her.

The older woman had always loved everything about Kuvira, but the one thing that always got her was the way she smelled. She smelled like vanilla and mint but on a nice day in spring, if that made any sense at all. Kuvira hesitantly hugged her mentor back as her mind continued to fill with guilt and panic over the impending conversation. When Suyin pulled away she placed her hand gently on Kuvira's cheek.

"Listen to me. I know this is a scary conversation, but you and I both know that it's one that needs to happen," she said in a quiet, controlled tone. Kuvira sighed deeply but nodded her head in agreement. She leaned forward to place a tender kiss on the older woman's face.