Stand by you(part 1)

5:45 pm
Central province
Courtroom

War was never a solution, but how could a father see his daughter getting executed in front of his eyes.

He will fight till his last breath leaves as a sigh, but he will never back down, refusing to accept defeat without a fight.

King Harold was outnumbered, he knew this before the fight started but he had to do something.
If not much, he had to buy time for the arrival of backup and of course their King, prince Daniel.

Drawing out his sword from the case, one slash was all it took to break Eva of her chains.

Chaos filled the halls and people started running out like crazy.
Never expecting war to break out, during a court meeting.

The military entered, ready for a face-off with the province of Avanguard.
Ready to lay their lives for their country, if only they knew that they were fighting against their own queen.

The location of the war i.e central province, clearly showing who had an upper hand in this situation.

But again, they have forgotten the strength the girl has who was now released of her constraints.
Her eyes, that of a deadly beast that just got unleashed.

Elbowing the guard that stood behind, she picked up his sword and got ready for the fight.
Her sword moving like a pro slashing whatever that came in her way.
With blood splattering on her face, she refused to back down with fear.

King Harold was being attacked by a dozen of men, but he managed to fight with a warriors fire in his eyes.
His shaking hands slashing but his will to fight, firm.

Both father and daughter duo pressed their backs to each other.
Men of enemies surrounded them immediately but who said they were going to back down so easily?

......................................................

7:20 pm

Grounds of the central province

Evalinge's pov

I have never lost a fight in my life, except for the one I lost in college to Daniel.
But today it felt like my body may betray me.

I was slashing, my wrists were professionally moving, eliminating all my targets.
But with each passing second, my back was screaming in pain.

They may not have broken my backbone entirely, but I was sure there were numerous cracks in my spine.
Making my breath to hitch whenever the pain struck.

I could see more men coming, they just kept coming while our men were already wounded and injured.
I have to fight, I don't know for how long but I was not going to surrender and let them behead me.

I felt a sharp pain on my back and I knew another slash had opened my unclosed wounds.
Blood seeped out and I turned around to move my sword, but the man had already predicted.

Another slash hit my chest and I felt more anger if not pained.
Punching the person straight, I knocked him off the ground and he cried in pain.

I felt sweat run down my forehead, but when I cleaned it with my hand, it was not sweat but blood.
Not remembering when someone managed to leave a gash on my face, I just sighed and looked at my next target.

Bodies were lying everywhere, my conscience mocking me for being a human when I destroyed so many lives.
But did I have a choice?
It was either me or them.

My breath was coming out heavy, my eyes dropping but still refusing to close down.
The sword in my hand was covered in blood and this made me throw it away in an instant.