10

"Out of thirty students, Tara had twelve votes while Dazzline had eighteen votes!" Gabriel announced and grinned at me.

   So we were up to thirty in this class? I only know the names of ten classmates.

   Why do I suddenly feel like fainting?

   Oh right, because more than half of the class are on me right now!

    "Can you all stop this childish nonsense and leave the girl alone?!!" Mrs Ada said sternly.

   "Now, Dazzline, I'd like to say congratulations, and I also want you to know that you have to pick your assistant now!" Mrs Ada said with a sweet smile.

   I looked around the class for a mature person who would be able to handle the class. Cause I'm definitely not interested.

   My gaze landed on Stella. She seems older than girl here.

  "Stella" I said earning a gasp from anyone.

   Yes, I know what they all are thinking.

   Why did I pick a girl that hates me so much?

  Tara walked out of the class angrily. Followed by Zahra.

   I shrugged my shoulders.
Their problem, not mine.

   The bell for lunch rang.
  "Okay, kids, enjoy your lunch" Mrs Ada said and walked out.

   I had to look for Zahra first.
I saw her by her locker, sulking.

  "Zahra, what's wrong?" I asked.

  "What do you mean what's wrong?!" She snapped. "You know you ought to have picked me. But you didn't! Instead, you had to pick that Stella!"

   "Zahra, is that why you're mad at me? Being the assistant class rep is not a position to be proud of! Zahra, you should be happy that you don't have a position yet because, the teachers will only send you errands all the time and the weight of the class will be on your shoulders. While I will be doing nothing!" I told her.

   She only stared at me for a while, then she nodded in agreement.

  "Yeah, you're right!"

"So can we go for lunch now? I'm hungry!" I said as I dragged her to the cafeteria without waiting for her reply.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

    Zahra and I sat at our usual table, eating our spaghetti jollof, when Gabriel came to us.

    "Hey" he said sitting next to me.
  I eyed him up and down. "Excuse me?!".

   "I want to invite the class rep to sit at our table" he said.

   "Why?" I asked.

"Is there something wrong with that?" He asked a little bit offended.

   But I'm not buying that. I know he's faking it.

  He held my gaze, making it almost impossible to look away from his incredibly handsome fface

   "Which table" I asked.
"That one" he pointed to a table which seemed more like a buffet table.

     Tara and her friends were sitting there. Including Zephan and his guys.

   And Nathan too.

  Had no idea that Nathan now sits with Zephan.

  "Okay" I took my tray but Zahra just sat there, staring at Gabriel and I.

   "And you too, Zahra" Gabriel said when he realized that I won't go anywhere without Zahra.

   "Thanks" she replied as she also took her tray and followed me.

  "Hey sis!" Nathan said as soon as I approached their table.

   I gave Gabriel my tray.

  "Hey bro!" I fist bumped with Nathan.

   "Hi" the rest said including stella. Except, of course, Tara and the rest of her gang.

   "Hi" I replied as I sat directly opposite Tara, so that we were looking at each other straight in the eye.

   I don't know why, but I suddenly feel like I have time for Tara today.

   Gabriel took a seat next to me before Zahra could.

  She looked around, not knowing where to sit.

   "Hey Zahra! Come sit next to me!" Said a guy with a British accent.

   How many bi-racial kids are here?

"Thanks Elliot" Zahra replied as she sat next to him.

   I couldn't help but notice the the way Zahra blushed when Elliot told her to sit with him. It's pretty obvious that she likes him.

   "Dazzline" Tara said. "I'm having a sleepover tomorrow. And I'd like you to be there".

  I choked on my spaghetti. It wasn't only me, but everyone sitting at the table.

   "Sorry what?!" I asked in shock.

Since when did Tara and I become  best buddies?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    Turns out Mrs Ada was not joking after all.
   Tara invited Dazzline to a sleepover?
   Oh my!! wow!!😯😯😯.

   What is she planning now ehn? Cause I don't trust that girl.

   We will wait till the next chappy.
  But if you have really been concentrating on the book, then, y'all should know what Tara is planning by now.

   I'm not dropping any hints sha!!
Boring chapter, I know.

  But please, click on that beautiful ☆.
  Soooo.....,

  Stella seems older than the rest of the class?

  What does that mean?

Do you think there is more to Stella than her being a rich kid who is Tara's bestie?

   Do you think Eliot and Zahra will have a thing?
   Team Zaheli. 😁😁😁.

  What bout Gabriel and Dazzline? Seems Gabriel likes Dazzline.
Sooo,
Team Zariel. 😁😁😁.

  And..., do you guys remember Azra? Zahra's sister in SS2?

Since Nathan likes her and I think maybe she likes him too.
So...,

Nathan and Azra!!
  Team Nazra 😁😁😁.

  And, cheers to Zephan and Tara. The only couple in this book. 🍸🍸🍸🍷🍷🍷.
Team Zephara 😁😁😁.

Anyways, please, let me know another people who deserve to be couples.

   And.....,

Thanks for reading,
Love y'all .
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Buhbyeeeee!!!!.
💖💖💖💖💖💖.
Word Count: 956.
( who else noticed that the out of all the couple names, Only Nathan and Azra's own didn't start with a 'Z').