11

* Omotara *

  "Sorry what?" Dazzline asked.
  Everyone stared at me in shock.

"You heard me" I replied.

"But Tara, you didn't tell us that..." I head my hand up to shut Fara.

   "Shé mo pe yin si oro yi ni?" I snapped, meaning did I tell you to interfere?

  "E ma waa ooo" I warned meaning don't come. Those who understood Yoruba nodded.

   "Care to tell us what you all are talking about?" Dazzline asked.

  "Did you understand anything they said?" She asked Zahra.

  Oh Lord, how did I I forget that Zahra is here?

   Oh Lord, I hope she doesn't understand Yoruba.

   "No. I told you I'm Shuwa-Arab" Zahra replied. "But I understood the last part. She said they shouldn't come"

  "Why?" Dazzline asked me.

"I told them not to come because I don't want too many visitors. So only Stella and Fara will be there" I lied.

  The truth is, only Dazzline will be at that sleepover.

Because it's not a sleepover, I want my parents to meet Dazzline so we can get to the bottom of this.

"Ohhh. Okay, I'll be there. If I have time" Dazzline replied and continued with her food.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

   "Babe, I still can't believe you're planning on being friends with Dazzline" Zephan said.

   It was only my friends and his friends that were in the class.

  Nathan and Dazzline had gone home. Including Zahra and the other girls.

   "Yeah, Tara, that's unbelievable!!" Stella added.

  I laughed. "Emi ke? Laye laye!" Meaning me? Never.

  "Why on earth do you all think I would be friends with that one? I only invited her there because I want my parents to tell me what is really going on. I want them to tell me who she is" I said.

  "Why do you think they know her?" Elizabeth asked.

  "Why won't they know her? I feel they are hiding something from me." I replied.

  "Okay. Just don't cause any wahala!" Salina said as she carried her bag.

  "I won't" I laughed. Zephan carried me.

"What are you doing?! Drop me!" I whined like a fifteen year old girl who is being carried by her grandfather.

   I hated it when people carried me.

  "No babe. Let me drop you at home" Zephan replied.

  I rolled my eyes.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

   "Damn it! What is wrong with your car?!" I snapped as Zephan's driver tried starting the car again but failed.

  "I no no, madam Tara. E no wan start!" The driver replied in pidgin meaning I don't know, madam Tara, it won't start.