28

I quickly fall back asleep, Dream's hand tucked under my face. It's a peaceful dreamless sleep, diminishing the exhaustion I feel after a nightmare.

 I wake again to morning sun shining brightly through my window, my head resting on Dream's chest, and my legs tangled with his. I quietly try and free myself to get out of bed, the moment I try and sit up however, he groans and pulls me back down. 

I try again to get up and he rolls, lying half on top of me, arm tightly wrapping itself around my waist, he presses his face into the side of my neck and lets out a contented sigh. I try and wriggle out, but he's way too heavy and refuses to budge. 

"I need to get out of bed." I complain, kicking my legs.

"But you're comfortable." He says sleepily, voice muffled as he buries his head deeper into my neck. 

"Get off me you whale, I need to go somewhere." I groan, annoyed. 

"Where are you going?" He asks, still groggy from sleep.

"I'm going to see Tommy and Tubbo." I tell him.

"You're going to leave this super comfy bed, which has your super hot boyfriend in it, to go talk to some kids?" He whines, and I laugh as I kiss him on the cheek.

"You'll survive. And yes, because I miss them and I have a lot of time to spend with you, so you can wait." I remind him, and he groans in annoyance. 

"Fine but I need a kiss first." He says. I roll my eyes, but grab his face and plant a kiss on his lips. It was only meant to be a peck, but his hand snakes up to my jaw and he deepens the kiss, fingers tightening around my face. Before it can go any further, I push him off. 

"There you go, now can you please get off me." 

He reluctantly rolls off me, and I pull myself out of bed. I grab some black tracksuit pants and a black shirt, and change in the bathroom. I do my teeth, and brush my sleep mussed hair back into a bun, in an attempt to contain the frizziness. Once I manage to prevent myself from looking like I just crawled out of a cave, I head out the door, passing by Dream, who has already fallen back asleep. 

I make my way through the forest, following the trampled trails in the underbrush. I manage to reach the edge, and once I break through the last scraggly branches, I stop dead. 

I see the walls.

They're still as strong as ever, looming black and yellow, towering over the land. Everything looks relatively the same, except for crater holes which dot the perimeter of L'manburg, and scorch marks burned through the grass. I almost can't believe it. After everything that has happened, so much that has changed, the walls stand unchanged. Standing the same as they were when Eret, and me, still proudly called L'manburg our home, the same as before I met Dream, the same as they were before we were all torn apart. 

"Rosie!"

I hear Tubbo call out, and I turn to see him waving at me from a pond. I wave back, unable to stop the smile that spreads over my face. Tommy pops his head out from the bushes, eyes lighting up as he sees me, giant toothy grin splitting his face. I reach the pond, pulling in Tommy and Tubbo for a hug, before sitting down, dangling my feet in the cool water. 

I notice a woman sitting nearby. She looks quite young, with perfect pale skin and icy blonde hair, her cheeks are dusted a rosy pink, and her face is rounded with a welcoming smile that I can't help but return. 

"This is Nikki, she's new to L'manburg." Tubbo informs me.

"Hi! Nice to meet you." She beams.

"Hi! I'm Rosie, nice to meet you too." I say. 

"I know, Tommy and Tubbo have told me a lot about you." She giggles. I decide I like her almost instantly. There's just something about her that radiates pure kindness and care, and it also doesn't help that I'm desperate for another girl to talk to. The constant testosterone fest that is both the countries of this entire world is getting exhausting. 

"I hope you're not sick of me." I giggle back, swirling my feet around in the crystal water. 

I spend the day chatting to Nikki, talking for hours about our old lives, laughing about Tommy's stupid stunts, or Tubbo's attempts to convince him to stop. My stomach hurts from laughing, my cheeks burning from the smile which has permanently glued itself to my face. Eventually the sun starts to drop, a molten ball of melted gold plunging below the dark skyline, casting an orange glow over the dusky sky. I sit side by side with Nikki, both of us admiring the sky. Tommy and Tubbo join us, sandwiches in hand, and we munch on fresh bread and crisp vegetables as the sky swirls with vibrant orange and pink. 

Tubbo fills me in on the recent developments in L'manburg.

"We managed to convince Wilbur you weren't a traitor, but Fundy still thinks you betrayed us." He tells me. My heart sinks, because it still hurts to know that he hates me, and thinks I'm a traitor, but I don't even bother to defend myself anymore. 

"Yeah he's very convinced that you're on Dream's side." Tommy chimes in, shaking his head. "Nothing we say will change his mind."

"He'll realise eventually, nothing we can do now." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

Tubbo nods. "Hey, what happened after we got away from Dream?"

I choke on my sandwich, spluttering and coughing as Nikki smacks my back. Once I regain the ability to breathe, I stay silent. I mean what do I tell them? Oh I tackled him, and then I kissed him and later confessed my feelings for him and now he's pretty much my boyfriend? No of course I can't.

"I um... just managed to convince him not to hurt you." I mumble.

"Really? What'd you bargain with him? No way he just stopped because you said so." Tommy scoffs.

"I don't really know...well I kinda attacked him and then yelled at him, so maybe that got through to him?" I say unconvincingly. Nikki stays silent beside me, and even though I didn't tell her about me and Dream, I can tell she's figured something out. Tubbo and Tommy look extremely skeptical, but don't push the issue further. 

"I should head back, before it gets dark." I sigh. I've had one of the best days in a long time, and its hurts me to have to leave them and go back to the house that's become my home, rather than going back to L'manburg. Tommy and Tubbo hug me, and I can tell it hurts the, just as much, the way Tommy turns his face away from us, the way Tubbo's fingers curl into my shirt as he wraps his arms around me. I pull Nikki in for hug, promising to keep in touch and talk soon.

I head back through the forest, heart full of happiness, skin warm from the sun. It reminds me of how much I miss home, and my family, how much L'manburg means to me. And it just makes my choice harder.

--------

A/N Ayyy Nikki's here! I'm excited to have a super nice friendship between Rosie and Nikki, because I absolutely despise when girls get put up against each other and act super mean for no reason. We love supportive female friendships in this house. I threw in some nice filler for today, I'm tired so I didn't want to do anything too crazy and since the last chapter was pretty heavy I thought we could use a break. 

Please vote and comment, it helps a lot and I really appreciate it!

Hope you enjoyed,

Oopsies x