C H A P T E R 1 6

R A C I N G to the entrance of his home, Rizwan opened the door with a huge thud

R A C I N G to the entrance of his home, Rizwan opened the door with a huge thud. He was eager to meet his father before he went into his bedroom. Rizwan ignored the racing of his heart as he finally crashed into his father.

"Rizwan beta itni teez kidhr ja rahay ho?" Rehman inquired, confused to see his son run a marathon.
"Abu a--a--aap sai baat karni thi," he placed his hands on his knees, taking deep breaths to stable himself.
"Han tou kaho na. Aao meray kamray mein, baat kartay hain," Rehman gestured to Rizwan to follow him inside.

Rizwan was sweating profusely. Trying to calm himself down before he spoke. He knew what he was about to say would potentially result in a huge fight amongst them. He had after all never brushed off his father's wishes. Always obeying him with a head bowed down. However, he could not let someone else chose for him. He was in love and that was that.

"Abu mujhe shaadi keh baray mein baat karni hai," Rizwan blurted.
"Ji sahabzade kia baat hai? Itnay daray huway kyun ho?" Rehman teased.
"Dekhein abu serious baat hai," he muttered.
"Acha neta. Ghabrao nahin batao kia baat hai?" He smiled.

Taking in deep breaths of air, Rizwan sat on his father's bed. Facing him. Holding his hands.
"Abu mein Hoor sai shaadi nahin kar sakta," he blurted out.
Rizwan felt like killing himself. He had planned everything to the t in his mind. How he would start off with a convincing debate. And in the moment he had done the complete opposite.
"KIA MATLAB?" Rehman asked in a loud voice.
"Haan abu. Mein saari zindagi kisi aisay insaan keh saath nahi guzar sakta jis ki meray saath koi understanding hi na ho," Rizwan tried to convince.
"Kia matlab understanding? Jis ki bhi arranged marriage hoti hai woh insaan shaadi keh baad he understanding paida karta hai". Rehman tried to explain.

Rizwan sighed. He did not know what to do. His father was someone he held close to his heart. But this was his life decision. He did not wish to base it on statistics and traditions.

"Abu aap apni jaga theek hain. Par mujhe uss mein kuch aisa nahi nazar aata jo mein apni future wife mein chahta hun," he stated, calmly.
"Aaj sai pehlay tou aap shaadi keh baray mein sochtay bhi na thay. Aaj achanak sai aap keh zehan mein "ideal wife" ka concept bhi aagay?" Rehman sahab said sarcastically.