65

Dedicated to Mirabillics for being such a sweetheart ♥️♥️♥️♥️

~SOPHIA~

I had been in a terrible, very terrible mood, that kind of terrible mood that made me walk out of my school's basketball team practicing basketball and to walk to where Limelight was practicing.

Watching them play did uplift my mood a little.

Then talking with Khalil afterwards did uplift my mood. Khalil was someone I understand a lot, someone I could relate to. It was weird how easily we clicked, how I found it easy to talk to him.

The last time I felt that way was the first time I met Adam and Kunle.

I was walking back to the hostel, Khalil's words, the last words he said to me repeating themselves in my head.

Loving is a choice, Sophia, it's way more than just a feeling.

"Hey, can we talk?" That all too familiar voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up to see Alex towering me, his expression blank and impassive. I was about to sidestep him and walk away when he grabbed me by my wrist and started dragging me to the deserted corner behind the basketball court.

"What's it?" I asked immediately he let go of my hand and for a minute, he said nothing, he just shoved his hands into pocket and he just kept staring me. I stared at him too, arms crossed over my chest before I started to walk away.

"I'm sure you did not pull me here just to stare at my face."

He grabbed me by my wrist again, successfully stopping me from walking away. His hold on my wrist was a dead grip and I could feel my wrist starting to hurt. I started to say something when he let go of my hand with so much force that I stumbled backwards and I almost bumped into the wall behind me.

The fuck?

"Alex, what's wrong with you?" I asked and I tried to keep my voice as impassive as possible.

The guy in front of me actually chuckle, a short mirthless chuckle with his face contorting into shades of expressions that I couldn't decipher.

But he was angry.

Very very angry. That much was obvious.

"What am I doing?" He asked rhetorically and he took two steps closer to me so that I had to back up against the wall. "What are you doing?"

I stared at him, full in the eyes for a minute, taking on his livid and almost murderous eyes before I looked away.

"If you're feeling this angry and terrible, shouldn't you go and look for Gab?" I said before I started to walk away again.

The next thing I knew was being pulled back, even more forcefully than earlier and I was almost, almost slammed the wall. My eyes widened as I stared at the boy in front of me in total shock.

"Jesus! Alex! Are you high again? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you trying to hurt me?"

His expression remained impassive, eyes solely trained on me and I watched as the anger in them slowly dissipate before he let go of my hand and he moved away from me as if he did not trust himself to be near me.