02: Reunion

"Gigi?"

"Excuse me but who are you?"

             Sirius glanced up at the girl in front of him, his mouth pursed but slightly open in shock. How did she find the 12 Grimmauld place? He was sure Mad-eye and Kingsley's wards were secure and it would take a very powerful wizard to break the wards, yet the woman standing in front of him looked a little slumped and exhausted, if one might say. He realized that she must know about Grimmauld place if it had shown up for her.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible," Sirius started, eyeing her suspiciously, "But who the fuck are you?"

"Very funny." Guinevere scoffed then laughed dryly. Here she was, thinking she'll meet someone old and wise, only to be met by her cousin, who also happens to be on the ministry's hit list, oh and is a convicted murderer. There goes the saying that fate truly is a cruel mistress.

She continued to laugh sarcastically, but then she noticed how he kept blinking as if he was readjusting his focus.

"You're not joking, are you?" She asked incredulously.

"Listen, lady, I don't know how you got here-" Sirius began, but Guinevere cut him off right before he could finish what he had to say.

"Really? Here I was thinking that I'd actually be hard to forget considering the fact that I am the only cousin who got all the good genes." she scoffed, a bit offended that he actually didn't recognise her.

"Gigi?" He said in disbelief. After all these years, Guinevere was the last person he expected to see. Still sassy and as beautiful as ever.

"No, do you reckon it's Kreacher?" She said sarcastically. Guinevere stepped forward and lightly shoved Sirius out of the way. "Looks like Azkaban took its toll on you."

Sirius rolled his eyes, then glanced both ways to make sure no one was watching their unlikely exchange. After he was sure he didn't need to obliviate anyone tonight, he closed the door.

"Still arrogant, I see?" He teased his cousin, who was now eyeing the dusty hallway with disgust.

Guinevere was accustomed to a clean environment, especially since they had a ton of house elves. She had also been taught to handle her belongings with care starting from a very young age, and that included her surroundings. She had had to live up to huge expectations for as long as she could remember.

"Still a convicted murderer, I see?" She shot back, "Goodness, this place is horrendous. Might I ask, is your house elf still alive? And please don't tell me you're not familiar with at least one cleaning spell."

There was no trace of the Grimmauld place she remembers. Instead of the shiny and regal hallway that used to greet her when she was younger, a dark and grimy place met her instead. Although the one thing that had always caught her attention, remained untouched. The chopped off heads of the Black's former house elves, were still decorating the walls. But the glory of the Noble and most ancient house of Black used to possess, was nowhere to be found. If Walburga Black was still alive, she'd surely lose her remaining sanity completely.