Chapter 29 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 3/3

(Note: Your mother should be looking like "Nahtnaught" if you're wondering.)

???: "You've not changed. Not by a little, Y/n."

Y/n: "You too, mum."

???: "However, you are still too kind."

Y/n: "Just like you."

???: "As stubborn as ever, aren't you?"

     His mother walked closer to Y/n and threw him to the ground. Y/n made no attempt to resist his own mother nor even try to stand up.

???: "This is why you're still weak, Y/n."

Y/n: "Is that why you brought me here in the first place, Stella?"

Stella: "..."

     Then, Y/n stood up and wiped the dust off his uniform. Even though he knows full well that this is indeed his mother, she was apparently corrupted by something.

Y/n: "Only the Sirens possess abilities like these. Was it Arbiter?"

Stella: "How did you know that?"

Y/n: "I am no longer the weak Y/n you know, mum."

Stella: "That's impressive, however please keep in mind that I am no longer your mother."

     Stella walked over to Y/n and kissed him on the cheek. However, things happened so fast that Stella disappeared by the time Y/n reacted and Y/n himself was now back inside his room.

Y/n: "Well..."

     Even though Y/n doesn't understand why does his mother possesses the Sirens abilities, he was certain the Sirens were behind this.

20:40

     Four Sea Hurricanes can be seen patrolling around the convoy, when suddenly, 12 He 111 bombers appeared from the clouds in small groups.

     Unfortunately for the bombers however, the Sea Hurricanes were led by Y/n who was already familiar with his adversaries.

     The bombers flew right into an intense anti-aircraft barrage from the convoy while also having to defend themselves from Y/n's fighters that were harassing them.

     Y/n attacked the lead bomber from its port. He fired a burst into the He 111's port engine and fuselage, the engine was set ablaze as flames burst out from it.

     Just as the lead bomber crashes into the sea below, two more He 111 were shot down by the anti-aircraft barrage and another Sea Hurricane.

     The presence of the Sea Hurricanes and the intense anti-air barrage was enough to force the rest of the bombers to turn away from the convoy, without having dropped their torpedoes.

     Immediately after landing however, Y/n was called onto the bridge for a meeting with the skipper of HMS Avenger, Commander Anthony Paul Colthust.

Y/n: "Sir."

Colthust: "Lieutenant Commander, congratulations on your 32nd kill."

Y/n: "Thank you, sir. However, I would prefer it if you get right to the point sir."

Colthust: "Alright then. Henceforth, your Sea Hurricanes will now patrol 25 minutes each to ensure that at least some are available to break up the German attacks. Do you have any objections, Lieutenant Commander?"

Y/n: "Even if we're too slow or ill-armed to inflict many losses, we will still do as you say sir."

Colthust: "Good, you're dismissed."