CHAPTER 21

Disaster

"Are you serious....like literally you guys had a moment?",Geet asked gaping.

"Yes".

"I mean you in all 'you' had that audacity to kiss him on beach after listening to what Anna told you.I thought you would follow that piece of advice and keep distance",she said with an angry look on her face.

"Chill G..he is leaving tomorrow to England and I did it because I wanted to,this is not even a serious thing so just shut up and lemme sleep",I said tucking myself under the duvet.
......................................................................
I woke up earlier than usual beacuse of the sound of mom's bhajans and plus I had to fly back to Delhi to return to my casual routine and flight is in about 6 hours.I wondered about Stefan,he must have boarded already and must be on the way to England.I'll text him once I get back to Delhi because I'm gonna stay busy as long as I'm here.

"Kriti beta turn on the news,it's 7 a.m already", my mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes maa".

I turned on the T.V and it was on a certain crappy news channel,as I picked the remote to change it to our news channel,I saw something really really worst and I stood frozen unable to process,stood there coldly, eyes fixed on the screen and my senses all numb.

Stefan Wilson making love on beech with his girl

Stefan and his indian fling

Stefan and his date on beech sharing a moment

Stefan and his nth girlfriend

Stefan with his secret girlfriend

Who is this girl with Stefan?

These were some of the headlines on different channels.I was left in pieces and my world turned upside down.Somebody filmed it and the video was being flashed on every news channel hundred times repeatedly.One of the our rival news channels even leaked my information stating that I'm a journalist and Radhika's relative and knowingly framed all this for publicity and trp teaming up with Stefan.

The worst was yet to come.

"Is that you?What happened?",my mom said with a critically tensed expression."Is that my daughter?So is this what you were doing last night and the reason you came back at midnight?You lied to me,you said you had work but NO you were busy in something as gross as this and now I don't believe it's in the news....that video",she said as she sat on the couch cupped her face and wiped tears that were overflowing already and I stood there emotionless and motionless.

"Who is he?You never mentioned that you had someone in your life and why did you get dressed like that?Tell me everything",she said fixating her totally red eyes at me.

"I don't know",I said bluntly.

"Who is that boy?Is he your boyfriend?Can you call him right now?",she said dialating her pupils.

"He is a friend",I answered.

"Is he your boyfriend?",she asked again.

"He is just my friend,we are not dating",I said guessing what would follow next.

"And you had that audacity to perform that cheap act in a public place only to get it filmed by someone?"

"It's not cheap,maa please",I said with trembling voice.

"Oh just shut up,you let me and Radhika down,how am I gonna face every one rather how are you gonna face the society?I thought you were wise and decent and smart but I never knew you were so careless and irresponsible",I really could see that hatred in my mom's eyes.
"Who is Stefan?"

"He is a singer,he came to India for tour and I had to interview him,he saved my life when I had a severe asthma attack or I could have been dead and then gradually we became friends.Yesterday he took me to a party as his date and I agreed.At the beech we had a deep conversation and then we were just taken away by the moment",I explained though that was the thing I least wanted to do.I didn't wait for my mother's reply,I had no strength to take her nagging anymore.I wanted space to process things and I wanted to speak to him.I locked myself in my room but could still hear my mother sobbing from the kitchen.I switched my phone on only to make matters worse.......I had a zillion instagram messages from random unknown people probably from Stefan's fans.My dm section was filled with people sending me that video and some of the messages sounded like threats from his fangirls.
Some called me a bitch and a slut while others said I'm the luckiest girl.Friends and family members wouldn't stop calling and messaging.

I was so happy last night and now I feel like a bitch.I was just a normal girl leading normal life until few moments ago,but now I'm someone flashing on news alongside Stefan and being called his alleged girlfriend.I tried calling Stefan,he was in flight and he didn't pick.I messaged him everywhere,he never replied.