16

holy shit guys, we hit 5k. thank u >•<

brief mentions of past homophobia, nothing much though, you don't have to worry :)

"Can we go to the roof?"

It had been a long night. Corpse had just said that he wanted to sleep for a bit when they had come back home from the college. Sykkuno had of course let him, busying himself in cooking something for when he wakes up. They had had a quite dinner too. Corpse didn't want to talk much, but he needed Sykkuno to be there for him. And so Sykkuno was.

They weren't speaking anything, comfortable silence enveloping them. Corpse had buried himself in Sykkuno's arms yet again, trying to fall back to sleep for the night but unable to.

It was past midnight when he suggests going up to the roof. Sykkuno doesn't deny him, does whatever it is to make him comfortable. Sykkuno guesses that Corpse comes up here a lot considering the spare bedsheets and pillows he has left under some shed. They both spread the sheets and lay down on them. This time they aren't coddled up together, not knowing where one starts and other begins. They lay down at at least a foot's distance, staring up at the sky.

It is almost like that Halloween night in the streets, but somehow more intimate. Maybe it's the fact that he's on Corpse's roof, or that both of them now have an established relationship, but something just feels more intimate. Corpse breaks the silence for the first time in a long while.

"Meredith's my sister."

Being shocked by this new information would be an understatement. He attempts to conceal the shock on his face, but isn't all that successful. Sykkuno now connects the dots together. The striking similarity in both of their features is so obvious. He feels stupid for not having figured that out sooner.

"I saw her after 5 years today." He continues when Sykkuno doesn't say anything.

Sykkuno stares at his side profile, his eyes visibly misting. Without any warning, Corpse starts narrating a story.

"I was 15 when I moved here. Remember Dream? From the Café? His dad took me in. I worked there for a while. I moved here because no one wanted me back home." He sniffles.

Sykkuno scoots closer to him.

"My mum had found out that I was bisexual when I was 13. Wasn't really fond of that picture." He chuckles dryly. "My dad left around the same time and my mum blamed it all on me. I tolerated it so much. The yelling, the– the abuse. Everything. And my sister never, not once, never helped me out. She's 7 years older than me. She just stayed in her room and did nothing."

Sykkuno has tears in his own eyes. Corpse keeps going though.

"I moved out at 15 and no one gave enough of a fuck to come looking for me. She saw me leave that night. I was opening the front door with my big suitcase and shit, and she fucking saw me run away, Sykkuno. She saw me run away and she still did not do anything."

"I'm so sorry, Corpse." Sykkuno provides, he doesn't know what else to say.

"This was the first time I saw her after that."

Sykkuno places a bunch of kisses on his neck and shoulder and any place reachable in comfort. "You don't deserve that. You don't have to see her again if you don't want to, yeah? Also, you did not even leave her any means of communication to reach you, so."

Corpse laughs wetly at that. The sound making Sykkuno smile. They lay back down and look up at the stars. Corpse reveals that this was the very first time that he has actually talked about his sister openly. And that he's very thankful that Sykkuno is here. He keeps thanking him about handling his panic attack so well and Sykkuno has to shut him up with a kiss.

"Tell me something, Sykkuno."

"What should I tell you?"

"Anything. Everything."

Sykkuno brings his hand up and points to a particular space up in the sky.

"You see those 5 stars shaped like a W over there?" He asks. He continues when Corpse nods, "That's called Cassiopeia."

"What's a Cassiopeia?"

"Um, she was the wife of Cepheus or something? I haven't reached that bit yet." He answers, referring to the book that he was gifted. "You know," Sykkuno adds, "some of these stars are light-years away."

"A light-year is like the distance light travels in an Earth year, right? I read about that." Corpse nods.

"Yeah, yeah. Exactly. And like some of these stars are like, thousands of light-years away. I don't know how to spot them yet, but like, it basically means that we're looking at the past."

"What the fuck?"

"Yeah! Like, that star over there." He points to a random one. "I don't know how many light-years away that is. Let's assume five hundred. That means that what we're actually looking at what the star looked like five hundred years ago. It might even be dead right now, but we'll only know that after five hundred years."

Corpse looks proper amazed. "Where did you learn that?"

"Well, I first read it in a John Green novel. It's also in the book you gifted me." Sykkuno kisses his cheek.

"Didn't peg you for a John Green reader."

"Well, I have my surprises, I guess." Sykkuno says cheekily.

Corpse is looking at Sykkuno with proper adoration. Sykkuno is getting a bit nervous under his gaze but he can't help but admit that he loves it. Sykkuno breaks the silence by smacking his lips to Corpse's. Corpse smiles, and Sykkuno does it again, causing it to grow. After a few pecks here and there, they're kissing, tongues tangling with each other.

"You wanna go downstairs?" Sykkuno asks, hands inching towards the other boy's pants.

"Not really."

"Oh." He doesn't let the disappointment show on his face.

"No, um, I meant, uh, ya know–"

"Here?" Sykkuno's eyebrows rise so much they almost disappear in his hair that's sweeped over his forehead.

"I mean, if you're okay with that?" He says, tracing a finger down Sykkuno's chiseled cheekbones.

"Won't anyone see us?"

"No, this roof is higher than others here, uh, and it's dark anyway–"

"Okay."

"–and the middle of the night and you know– what?"

"Okay." Sykkuno smiles, getting on top of Corpse and straddling his hips.

Corpse's hands instantly go to his thighs, gripping tightly. He leans down to kiss him properly again, taking his bottom lip between his teeth, teasing his boy till he's pulling at his shirt asking for more.

"You want me to take off my shirt, is that what you're saying?" Sykkuno says when he pulls away.

Corpse is too shook by the smug statement that he only has the strength to nod. In the dark of the night, it's just the two of them. Both kissing under the bright light of the stars that was probably created years ago.

:)

Sykkuno saying the 'you want me to take off my shirt, is that what you're saying' was so unexpected. I was like um eXcUsE mE–

hope you had a good day. you're appreciated and loved. if you think no one loves you, that's wrong, I do :)

hope you enjoyed the chapter xx

comments and votes are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r