Its Been Years

~~~Rosabelle's Pov~~~

Well, its been years, and that's all I really have to say. Years since I saw my biological family, years since I was found by my mom. And years since I talked to Hope Mikaelson. I'm seventeen now, in school and hating every moment of it. Let me give you a little background of what happened over the years. Mom somehow managed to stay out of trouble, I think it's because she knows mama and dad would be disappointed in her.

Well dad would pretend to be disappointed in her. Oh it turns out mom, mama, and dad were all mates. So that worked out in the end for the three of them. I was raised in a nice loving home, far away from the family that sold me out without a regret in the world. So why am I miserable? One person actually, Hope Andrea Mikaelson. I don't really know how it happened, how we drifted I mean.

Hope and I continued to be close until her mother died. That hit us both harder than hell, Hayley was like a third mom to me, when I couldn't talk to my mom's I talked to her. When she died, Hope just pushed me away, she became angry, and she just wanted to be left alone. Of course I didn't listen and still tried talking to her. It just got worse after Klaus and Elijah. After they died, Hope cut me off from her life completely.

We haven't talked since and our lives have been hell. I'm not really that upset about it anymore, I'm just kinda sad over how everything ended for us. "Rosie, hi." Lizzie Saltzman was my friend, I guess. Lizzie had a crush on me according to everyone in the school, I don't really believe that. Lizzie just talks to me about her problems, stuff she doesn't feel like she can tell Josie or their parents.

"Hey Lizzie, what's up with you?" She just smiled at me and glanced around the corner of the hallway, where Josie was with a guy I've never seen before. "We got a new guy, he's cute right? I think I'm going to ask him out." Lizzie rushed out like the information was leaving her breathless. "Didn't you just meet the guy?" "Minor details Rosie, minor details." She quickly ran back to her twin and the new guy, leaving me alone in the hallway yet again.

Classic Lizzie, at least she's happy about something. It makes me smile when she's happy. Not a lot of people know, or care to know, that Lizzie isn't as confident as she makes herself seem. She's always been doubting and overthinking everything in her life, she doesn't know what's actually a problem or just herself making it a problem. Lizzie just wants to be loved by someone, someone who doesn't see her as a burden.

Lizzie's not a burden, she just needs someone who can be patient with her. Josie bless her sweet heart tries, but she's trying too hard, and it's not helping either of them. Why am I getting so caught up in other people's lives? I should get to class before they give me another detention. Just as I turned to leave I bumped into someone. "Shit." "Watch where you're going- Rosabelle." I glared at who bumped into but that didn't last long.

Not when I recognized those blue eyes. "Hope," Neither of us said anything. What are you supposed to say to the person you loved deeply that cut you off and hasn't talked to you since? "Hi let's completely forget what we said to each other years ago and be best friends again." Yeah how about a no. "Um, sorry I'll get out of your way." I went around the tribrid and tried to get to class for once, but that voice just had to stop me.

"Rosabelle wait, I'm busy right now but we should talk later." "Define later Mikaelson, another couple years?" I didn't turn to look at her, but I could feel her glare right through me. "If you're just going to be bitter about everything then maybe we shouldn't talk." She huffed.

"Fine by me."

"Fine!" I stayed glued to my spot while listening to Hope walk away frustrated. First conversation we've had in years and it didn't end well, should've seen that coming. I just sighed and finally walked to class with no interruptions. The walk there made me think a lot, why would Hope want to talk to me? We haven't talked in years, she's always avoided me, I tried talking to her I really did. Nothing worked out.

So it's just weird that Hope wants to talk to me. I feel like it has something to do with how that new guy popped up out of nowhere, and wherever Hope was in a hurry to. If there's anyone who knows everything around this school, it's Penelope Park. Right now I'm just annoyed and confused so I'll just track down Penelope and ask her tomorrow. It's not like she has many places to be. She's secretly avoiding Josie.

Doesn't want anyone to know she's actually upset about the breakup. I think that's just a tad bit ridiculous but hey, who am I to tell people what to do with their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short and shitty but at least I actually published something right?

Bye 🖤