Chapter Twenty-Four

Tearing myself from Tony's grasp, I dart towards Stranges side, checking if he's okay. At first, I can't find a pulse and my own begins to speed up. Suddenly, Stranges eyes fly open as he gasps for air. I feel all the panic leave me as I breath in a sigh of relief.

"It's okay," He pulls himself up into a sitting position, grimacing as he does so, "I'm completely fine."

"Yeah I don't believe you."

"What? Why?"

"Let me see, one you stopped breathing and two you grimaced as you sat up."

"I forget I can't get away with anything when you're around." He chuckles, smiling at me.

I smile back before turning to Thanos, my smile being replaced by a glare.

"You're going to regret that you purple grape."

I shoot a blast at Thanos who wasn't expecting the attack.

"That was for touching Stephen."

"You'll pay for that."

Thanos launched himself at me, trying to knock me to the ground. Fully prepared  for the attack, I easily dodge his fist and attempt to grab the gauntlet. Thanos realising what I'm doing, pulls  his hand away before I can get it.

Using my powers, I focus on the gauntlet, creating an image in my head.

"When will you mortals learn," He straightens the gauntlet on his hand before tuning his attention to me, "I am inevitable."

He snaps his fingers but nothing happens.

Holding up my hand, I reveal my own gauntlet filled with the infinity stones.

"And I am Abigail Stark."

I snap my fingers.