8.

Song of the Chapter: Little Dark Age by MGMT

Aary's POV

                 "Are you going to stop him?!" I look at Malory.

          "Like he'd listen to me!" She huffs while wiping herself off.

        Things like this happen quite often at the parties, or just in general. I can't tell if it's because Draco drinks too much or something else.

         Blaise grabs onto the back of Draco's shirt. "Alright that's enough you git."

        Draco eventually gives up and leaves the Hufflepuff boy on the floor unconscious. Once he brushes himself off and wipes the sweat from his face, he turns towards us.

                 "Are you alright?" He asks Malory while walking up to her.

                                   She laughs. "I'm swell."

        He lifts his hand to try and help clean her off, but she stops him. Her eyes point at the blood covering his knuckles and he sighs.

                          "Sorry." He mutters.

        Malory and I watch as he walks over to one of the tables with whiskey and pours another drink.

                   "Come on, let's join everyone." She says to me.

        I nod and follow her into the large crowd of students. When we reach one of the tables with liquor there's already multiple people trying to hand us drinks. I pick up the first one I see and down it quickly. I try to act like it doesn't burn but it does.

                    "So are we getting drunk tonight, or trashed?" Malory says into my ear.

                                I reply, "Fucking plastered."

        She seems to not have a problem with that because instantly I see her down a few more shots. The look of absolute disgust on her face makes me laugh.

                                     "So what are we drinking?"

           I nearly choke on my drink when I hear someone shout from behind. Without turning around I know who it is just based on their height.

                         "I was starting to think you wouldn't make it-"

         I stop in the middle of my sentence when I see that it's not just Fred and his twin. Harry and Ron are right beside them.

                               "You've got to be shitting me." I huff.

           Harry gives me an aggravated look, then goes back to judging the entire common room. I guess this isn't the type of thing Gryffindor's do on the weekend.

                         "Is this what you do instead of studying?" He scoffs.

         Don't get me wrong, Harry's not a bad guy. I actually never really had a problem with him until he got close with my dad, we all just messed with the trio because of Draco. But now it seems as if everything he says makes me want to break his glasses in half.

        "At least I don't have a stick up my ass and know how to have fun." I snap back.

         Fred and George burst into laughter and I see Harry's face turn bright red. Ron grabs Harry's arm sleeve and pulls him over to one of the empty sofas.

                   "Why did you bring them?" I groan.

       "Because you're right, they need to loosen up," Fred replies. "Now take a few more shots and let's dance."

Blaise's POV

          When Draco said that he invited a few Gryffindor's to the party I didn't think he was serious; and I most definitely did not expect it to be the Weasley's.

        I look across at Harry and Ron plopping down on the sofa and chuckle. They really don't belong here. At least they didn't drag Granger along with them.

      Everyone is doing their own thing like always which doesn't bother me much. I've always been a people watcher, it helps me understand more. Malory and Aary are still at the table taking shots rapidly, Draco doing the same but with a full bottle just for himself.

        For a while I assumed that it was all simply because they like partying and having a good time, and I guess that is a part of it. But like I said, I'm a watcher. And anyone that looks long enough will realize that there's a bigger reason why they choose to get trashed, and not just tipsy.

                               "Do you want to dance?"

       I snap back to reality and stare up at the pretty Slytherin girl smiling down at me. I've seen her before but I've never asked for her name.

                             "I'm alright." I tell her.

         That's when out of the corner of my eye I see Aary rushing into the middle of the room with Fred Weasley by her side. They come to a complete stop in a place where everyone can see them. I feel my jaw clench when Fred's hands latch onto her thighs and he lifts her up into his arms. Without hesitating, he presses their lips together.

           It makes it ten times worse when I hear students cheering them on like it's some sort of entertainment.

               "Actually," I grab the Slytherin girl's hand before she walks off. "Let's dance."

        She smiles big and slightly bites her lip. I stand up and join her on the floor, then instantly place my hands on her waist. We move back and forth in sync to the music for a few songs but the entire time I keep peeking over at Aary. And every time I catch myself doing it I realize that dancing with some random girl isn't making me feel any better.

                       I gently pull away from her. "I'm going to go sit back down."

         Her hands stay locked onto my shoulders, making it hard to move away. I repeat it again, thinking she didn't hear me, but she still doesn't move.

        When she finally does I let out a sigh of relief, but then I feel her fingers trailing in a different direction.

                           "You can't leave a girl hanging." She says into my ear.

          I try to say something that will let her know I'm not interested but her hand doesn't stop. Even when I try to move it, she doesn't budge.

        A glimpse from my past flashes before my eyes and I forget that I'm just in the Slytherin common room; I get transported to my childhood bedroom in London.

                                  "Get the fuck off of me!" I scream.

         I try my best not to push aggressively but she still falls back slightly into other students, which draws more attention. Everyone stops what they're doing and looks at me.

                            "You fucking prick!" She hisses at me.

         All of her friends give me disgusted looks and I try to explain or at least apologize, but no one listens. They all continue to whisper things to each other and flick me their middle finger.

                                 "Hey, is everything alright?"

         I feel someone's hand rest on my shoulder and I flinch instantly. The hand moves away and I turn to see Aary giving me a sympathetic look. I want to tell her what happened, explain that it was an accident. But Fred slides his arm across her waist and my pain turns to anger.

                              "Everything is bloody perfect."